Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Help: Shower Question!
akagirl1999 posted:
Here's my situation, I've been on modified bedrest since August. Then strict bedrest in November. I'm in my room and only allowed out for doctors visit. I'm now 32weeks and haven't done anything to prepare for my little one. I'm scheduled to have a c-section first week in April. My friends suggested we have a welcome home shower/party after I have the baby. Here are my issues with that, I don't want my newborn baby to be around and touched before being vaccinated or blessed by the priest. When I told my friend that I'm opposed to that option she suggested just sending out my registry. I think that is "tacky". What do you guys think? I've decided that neither option would work for me.

jlynnpaine responded:
I totally understand not wanting to have a welcome baby shower after the baby is born. I am opposed to that as well since I don't like exposing my kids to massive amounts of people and germs at such a young age. It sucks that you're stuck on bedrest. I'm sure people will probably still pick stuff up for you and bring it once you have the baby and that will at least be in smaller groups than one big shower. Maybe your friend could send out notes explaining that you're on bedrest but letting people know where you're registered with an invitation to come visit after baby is born?

mommyin2011 responded:

I had a friend on bed rest and when she had her shower, he just sat on the sofa and interacted with guest that way. She had her sister doing all the games and handing out gift and whatnots...she opened her gift where she sat and it turned out really good. she didn't need to get up at all. and everyone was very understanding.

And I agree with you on not wanting a shower after your baby is here. You really don't want too many ppl near him/her at they age.

Good luck!!
Me (29) DH (30) 3 fur babies - DS 7/31/11 - 2nd baby due 7/20/12!!

KBratt responded:
Honestly I didn't move at my shower...I got the big comfy recliner & everyone came over to me to talk/visit, my mom got my food/drinks & I just observed most of the games, then they brought all the gifts over to me. I think you would be ok to have a shower...but if you feel otherwise then I would go for a "Meet the Baby" party maybe a couple months after delivery? I know my daughter got all her major vaccines at 8wks so she was good to go after that. Even then you could do small get togethers, like DH family one weekend-your family the next weekend-friends the next weekend etc?
Katie 24; DH-Ryan 23; DD-Kelsey 7/4/10; DS Riley Wayne EDD 3/6/12

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hey everyone! Kaileigh (25) DH (28) DSD (10) DSD (8) and of course LO- Braxton James due 10/10/2011! Go Team Blue!

Helpful Tips

Flushable moist wipes
Just thought I'd share a tip that I learned this time around. After the birth of DD1, I was given the squirt bottle to clean down there ... More
Was this Helpful?
125 of 223 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.