Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Boooo Dr. Appt update...
Jackie03291 posted:
So I went in for my dr. appointment yesterday (29 weeks) and they decided that they do want me to start coming in TWICE per week starting the week of March 5th. I will have a non-stress test one day and an ultrasound the other day and still also have my appointments with a dr. every two weeks. I also go in tomorrow for another ultrasound. They decided that with my history of high blood pressure and recent studies that show that it can have an impact on the placenta as the pregnancy progresses, that they want to closely monitor me for any signs of stress to the baby or a deteriorating placenta.

I was hoping that they would change their mind since they last mentioned the possibility, but no luck! Not that I mind extra ultrasounds but it is really out of my way for work and I definitely wish that I had gotten a dr. closer to work now because that would make this a whole lot easier. Luckily it will only be for about 7 weeks as long as they still have my c-section as scheduled during my 38th week. Anyways, I will update again tomorrow after my 4th (of many to come) ultrasound!

Wish me luck!
Jackie (27) Bryan (36) Ava 10/14/08 Baby Girl 2 due 5/4/12

oboingo76 responded:
Good luck Jackie - I like it better when doctors want to keep an eye on things and monitor closely vs. just sort of not doing anything to make sure everything is ok. I know it's inconvenient though. I hope all the ongoing monitoring and tests find everything continues to be good!

jlynnpaine responded:
Bummer that you have to go to so many appointments. I know how inconvenient that is. Maybe if things look good for the next couple weeks, they'll back off closer to the end? If not, at least you're getting lots of extra peeks at the LO.

Jackie03291 replied to jlynnpaine's response:
Yeah, I will definitely keep my fingers crossed for that as long as everything continues to look good!!
Jackie (27) Bryan (36) Ava 10/14/08 Baby Girl 2 due 5/4/12

hgreenwood7058 responded:
good luck jackie and def keep us posted. Best wishes!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me and my hubby are expecting our first, due 11/25...Thanksgiving day! I thought that was ironicallly appropriate and sweet! We are super excited but ...More

Helpful Tips

Infantino SlingRider Recalled
I just wanted everyone know that the Infantino slingrider was recalled this morning due to infant deaths. You can read the whole article at ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.