Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Tubal ligation?
akagirl1999 posted:
Is anyone planning to have their tubes tied? This will be my second child after three losses so I'm done. I'm scheduled to have my tubes tied at delivery.

Jackie03291 responded:
I'm still debating, but I need to make up my mind by my appointment next week so they can get it in my chart. I really hate birth control with hormones, it wreaks havoc on my body, and I had the paraguard before and really liked it until it came out unexpectedly and now we have baby #2! I know that I am done as long as everything turns out good with this delivery, so I just need to decide whether I want to go for it or not. My husband will not consider a vasectomy, which sucks, so it's definitely up to me.
Jackie (27) Bryan (36) Ava 10/14/08 Baby Girl 2 due 5/4/12

Ruby00 replied to Jackie03291's response:
I have filled out the paperwork for mine. I don't like birth control because of the headaches I get. If you think it's an option for you just fill out the paperwork get it in your chart. They will ask you everytime you go in if your still thinking about it, which is good cause it's perm. You can be on your way to the OR and say I don't want the procedure done happens all the time. Better to keep options open. I can't wait to get mine no more babies for me I'm sure! It's your body just ask your OB for all information you can

akagirl1999 responded:
Thanks ladies, I was just wondering if I was the only one making this decision.

tlkittycat1968 responded:
I had my tubes tied after my second. I had to decide early because my c-section was done at a Catholic hospital and they had to approve it.

DH and I had decided that we were only going to have two. That and I'm "older" (I was 38 when I had DS and 40 when I had DD) and the complication chances increase with age.

tchance55 responded:
I just had mine's tied 3 months ago after #3. Like Ruby00 said, they will ask you at every appt and again at the hospital what you will be using for birth control just to be sure you are still going thru with the tubal.
Me(24), DH(24), DS(3), DS(1), EDD 12/1/11 Team Pink!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Lilli (23) DBF (30) EDD 5/21/10 ,being induced 5/14/10 BLUE TEAM !!! I am so excited to be having my first ( and last) LO : )

Helpful Tips

Infantino SlingRider Recalled
I just wanted everyone know that the Infantino slingrider was recalled this morning due to infant deaths. You can read the whole article at ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.