Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
have to share funny DH story
mlk240 posted:
I had my pre-surgical appointment and then my OB appointment back to back. I am so terrified of needles that my DH has to come hold me down so I can get blood drawn, so he was with me for both appointments. When I went into my OB appointment, they said they would be doing my strep test that day, and after taking my blood pressure, they said to get undressed from the waist down, and then gave me privacy to do that. When they left the room, my DH asked why I had to take my pants off to get my throat swabbed, and I busted up laughing at him, and was still laughing when the doctor and nurse came back in. They asked what was funny, and so I told them, and they started laughing at him too. Poor silly DH!
Randi (31), DH (32), DS (7), EDD 4/12/12, c-section 4/6
Team Blue - Finnegan James, will call him Finn
37w5d

hevans0516 responded:
Um....wrong kind of strep.

That had me about to spit out my water....too funny!
ME (29) DH (31) EDD 4/17/2012 Team Pink! Can't wait til Phoebe is here!

mlk240 replied to hevans0516's response:
Yeah, he can be a bit much sometimes lol. When our first DS was born, he was finishing up classes to get his EMT certification. He had told me that all he knew was that "you are going to pee on the floor around Christmas, and have to go to the hospital." I really really hoped that he was never called to an emergency delivery!!
Randi (31), DH (32), DS (7), EDD 4/12/12, c-section 4/6
Team Blue - Finnegan James, will call him Finn
37w5d

hgreenwood7058 replied to mlk240's response:
lol thats awesome.
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Carson Lee

bbcntpa responded:
have a funny dh story. with my ds my water broke at about 3:45 am. i got up, took a shower, did a hundred other things while dh slept on unaware. finally, when i was blow drying my hair, he woke up and came in the bathroom to ask what i was doing. i told him my water had broken and he turned and hurried back into the bedroom. i followed to see what he was doing and found him patting down the bed. i asked him what he was doing and he said, i'm looking for your water, where is it? i told him, well some is in the toilet, some went down the shower drain and some is in this pad i'm wearing! i get tickled every time i think about how urgently he was looking for my water in the bed! why he was looking for it, i have no idea!
Brook (34), DH (38), DS (almost 4), EDD 5/3/12 - csection 4/27/12, Pink!

tlkittycat1968 responded:
DS was to be a scheduled c-section on Wednesday for medical reasons. We went to our state fair Sunday and walked around all day. Mind you I was 38 weeks along. We got home around 10:30p and got to bed around 11p. I woke up at 12a with my water leaking. Since I knew my doctor didn't want me going into labor, I woke my husband and told him "We need to go to the hospital. I think my water's leaking." He gave me a blank look and I repeated what I said and he finally understood. On the way to the hospital, he said he'd thought I was telling him I had to go to the bathroom.

BekahS responded:
On the topic of our poor SO's....

The first day I went back to work after DD, I had to work late. DF had to fend for himself and was going to make a bottle for Avery. I had frozen breastmilk that he thought he would warm up in the microwave (I know...). He forgot to take the sealing ring off the top (Avent), it's rubber. So the microwave door blows open, milk spills all over the floor, smoke everywhere. DF thinks the house is on fire and runs to the kitchen. He slips on the milk that was on the floor and falls straight on his a**. The dog is right behind him licking up the floor. And in the background is a screaming baby because she is now starving. Haha

I still won't let him forget this. I wish I was there to see it!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a Mommy to a beautiful 16 month old little girl with another princess on the way who is due in May! I am also a Stepmother to 2 precious little b...More

Helpful Tips

Infantino SlingRider Recalled
I just wanted everyone know that the Infantino slingrider was recalled this morning due to infant deaths. You can read the whole article at ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.