Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Anyone else??
Jackie03291 posted:
So of course I have been getting the comments like you have to be ready to go any day now, you look like you're ready to drop and on and on...so I find out yesterday from work that my coworkers have a poll going on whether or not I will actually make it to my c-section date on 4/24 and my friend who "organized" it said that not one person thinks that I will! I find that insane! For one, my c-section is technically TWO WEEKS before my actual due date and second, other than my blood pressure problems I have been doing pretty good and haven't been missing work or in a lot of pain or anything like that. I really have no "feeling" that I am going to go any sooner than my scheduled c-section.

Anyone else have any friends or family who constantly think that they are not going to make it until their due date?? I mean, I know I look HUGE but I wouldn't say out of the ordinary huge for being almost 36 weeks.
Jackie (27) Bryan (36) Ava 10/14/08 Baby Girl 2 due 5/4/12 but c-section scheduled for 4/24/12!!

cjl0510 responded:
I know what you mean!! I get it all the time. Even the anesthesiologist said, "well, if you make it that far." kinda smirky like. And my mom has said my whole pregnancy I wasn't going to make it.

tdawntaylor responded:
Everyone in my husbands family is shocked that I'm still pregnant! And when I came in to work yesterday after my doctors appt., they told me they had a pool going too! The funny part is I work with all guys, so none of them have a clue what they're talking about! Not a single one of them bet on me going to my due date!

Personally, I have got the feeling lately that he's not coming out on his own, we're gonna have to go in and get him! I also think that since he's dropped, I look smaller than I did, plus a lot of my bloating has gone away!
Taylor-22 Nick-25
Angel Baby Lost 6/20/11 Bryson Scott Due 4/21/12

jlynnpaine responded:
I am so sick of comments already and I know it's only going to get worse as time goes on. Everyone comments about how big I am, or how pregnant I look. I'm just waiting for the "You haven't had that baby yet?" statements. People are so rude to pregnant women I swear.

tlkittycat1968 responded:
I know better than to ask questions like that. A friend of mine was pregnant and was posting belly pics on Facebook. She's tiny, 4'10" , so you can only imagine how big she looked. The last pic she posted was at 38 weeks and even though I was wondering how she didn't tip over, I knew better than to ask that. She ended up going past her due date and had to be induced yesterday.

KimberlyHall2015 responded:
My problem is the opposite. I'm less than 7 weeks away from my due date and I have yet to have 1 stranger ask when I am due. I also have had to tell a few people at work that I'm expecting because they had no idea. It's discouraging because people argue with me that I must not be pregnant...as if I would be confused about being pregnant or not. I was larger to start out with so it just doesn't show as much. It's been a little dissapointing for me because I can't get the cute pregnancy pics.

brokenlove responded:
None of my family think i'm going to make it to my due date either. I'm due 5/11 everyone says they think I will have her late april. This is my second baby as well and since I had so many complication with preterm labor with my son, had him via emergancy c-section at 37wks, and I've had alot of real contractions thave needed to be stopped with this one no one thinks im going to make it past 38 weeks. I am currently 34w5d and she already dropped last week so shes actually already in position and everything. My mom just hopes I will make it till april 27 which will be 38wks exactly. Considering i didn't get big with my son i did with this one but since she dropped can't tell i'm preggo anymore just look a bit chubbier then i was before i got pregnant.

nicram8683 responded:
I do not think I will make it to my due date and neither does my mom. I am due 6/25 but baby is already measuring ahead by almost a week. I had my DD 3 weeks early because my water broke and she was ready. I was 3 weeks early and my brother 2 weeks. I fully expect to have this little man by early to mid June instead of the end And I am perfectly ok with that as long as he is healthy!
Nicole(28)Mike(30) 8yr old DD
Diagnosed MFIF June 2011 after 27 months no BC(12 months active trying)
BFP: 8/2011 M/C @ 6 weeks 9/2011
BFP: 10/2011 EDD 06/25/2012 It's a BOY!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Katie, I am 26 and from Denver Colorado (Littleton actually) I am married to the love of my life Brad who is a firefighter. We have been ma...More

Helpful Tips

Infantino SlingRider Recalled
I just wanted everyone know that the Infantino slingrider was recalled this morning due to infant deaths. You can read the whole article at ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.