Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
preterm contractions hospital for 2 days 3 cm dialated
mom2aboy3 posted:
hi i am writing to see if any other moms have been threw what i have been i just spent 2 days in the high risk labor and delivery with contractions i was 32 w 4 d on monday and went to a stress test and they noticed i was contracting every 3 min i thought i was just cramping but turned out to be more i was taken right to labor and delivery where i was monitored for while and they did bunch of tests and they tryed to stop the contractions and had no luck so they transferred me to a diffrent hospital which had nicu incase the baby was born because of prematureness and they were able to finally get them stopped on tuesday afternoon i had a stiche in my cervix which because of the contractions they had to remove and once it was out they noticed it was starting to go into my cervix and if they hadnt of taken it out it would have cut my cervix and i could have bleed to death or lost the baby befor they could of saved him so im greatful they caught it in time i was released today on bedrest for duration of pregnancy i will be 33 weeks tomorrow i am 3 cm dialated hopefully i can keep the contractions away i also found out i had a uti which could very well be the trigger of the contractions so i have been on antibiotics and a uterus relaxer so hopefully i am ok i have to go see my ob tomorrow and see my perinatologist on monday hoppefully i can get to 34 weeks which is next week thursday thats been our goal with my ob all along so please pray i can make it til then i really woudl like to deliver at the hospital i have choosen i would like him not to have to be in a nicu but if it happens i will be fine with it i just want him healthy has any one else been threw this or somethign like this please any encouragement woudl be greatly appreciated

mommyin2011 responded:
I haven't been thought this,but I want to wish you all the luck!! I will pray that you make it to at least 34 wks!!!
Me (29) DH (30) 3 fur babies - DS 7/31/11 - 2nd baby due 7/20/12!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I originally joined WebMD two years ago, because it was the only community my internet at work would allow me to access. Since then I've drifted f...More

Helpful Tips

Diapers.com
First off, I super miss this board, I "graduated" 2 months ago! I miss the excitment, so I still come back and read the posts sometimes. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.