Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Contractions or BH
An_240139 posted:
How can you tell the difference between contractions and BH? My stomach has been getting really hard and tight a lot today iv been very stressed out and now im getting worried that i may be having contractions. When they first came along it hurt in my pelvic area with the tightening, now its just my hole stomach getting tight off and on.. should i contact my doctor?

mom2aboy3 responded:
when ever worried call your doc how far apart are these contractions or bh drink lots of water and lay down and rest if they go away then most likely their braxton hicks if they stay then their probly contractions i have been in and out of hospital last 2 weeks because of contractions and i am getting tired of it i wish this baby would just make his mind up if he wants to come out or not lol oo im only 35 weeks along i am already 4 cm and 70 percent effased

An_240139 replied to mom2aboy3's response:
didnt count how far apart they were but i know i was having more then five an hour, and they would hurt i was very stressed at the time im only 29 weeks now with twins and havent been checked yet. I will tell the doctor this Wednesday and maybe he will check me to see if anything was going on. they finally went away now im just experiencing BH..

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband Nick and I just got married on May 23rd and we're expecting our first child, Noah Anthony on July 4th (or sooner!!). We lost our first ...More

Helpful Tips

Flushable moist wipes
Just thought I'd share a tip that I learned this time around. After the birth of DD1, I was given the squirt bottle to clean down there ... More
Was this Helpful?
125 of 223 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.