Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Picking a name...need help!!
mommyin2011 posted:
I am having such a hard time picking out a name for my little girl. First, I picked out Olivia Rose. My DH didn't care for it, but didn't make me change it because he knew I liked it. I do like it, but not loving it...So, then I was thinking of Megan Rose. I really like this name but think it may be to 'plain' or 'old'...and I also like Natalie Rose. With my DS (first preg.), I had his name picked out before I even knew that he was a boy!! (his name is Adrian)...This time is so much harder. I need your input please...I only have 11 wks to figure this out LOL.

I will take any other name suggestions as well

**Middle name is Rose
Me (29) DH (30) 3 fur babies - DS 7/31/11 - 2nd baby due 7/20/12!! PINK TEAM :)

jillydilly0 responded:
I like the name Olivia Rose and Natalie Rose.
I think I know too many Megan's to be crazy about the name.
I had the name Madeline Rose picked out for years but we decided on something totally different for this little girl!
Good luck!! :c)
ME (28) DH (31) EDD 7/6/2012 Team Pink- Addison Eliana

tlkittycat1968 responded:
My DD's middle name is Rose too. It was the name of my godmother who passed away before she was born.

I like all the names you have picked. My niece is Meaghan so I may be a bit biased toward that name.

We were going to name DD Danielle Rose but my mom kept lobbying against Danielle so we changed it. DH and I would just throw out names at random times and ended up with Kylee.

babypatrick responded:
Oh my gosh...We are having the same problem. Our son's name was so easy to agree on and now we are only 8 weeks away from having this little girl and we can't agree on anything!! It's getting a little nerve racking. We have talked about Grace Dawn but I like it but don't love it and my husband does. He also likes Lucille but I absolutely don't like it. I like Taylen and Jordyn but husband hates both of them. I also need input!! Grace just is such and old name and worry that she will be made fun of in high school.

I personally I like Megan Rose and I think that right now there are less Megan's than Olivia's. I hope we both can come up with our little girl's name before long!!

mls1174 responded:
The girls name for us was easy but the boys wasn't but we found but that we are having a girl!!! We are naming her Maddison Shay. We find that we go through names that roll with the last name and Maddison Shay goes very well. Megan Rose is pretty! why not do a hat game with names and see what name you pick. My other two daughters are Skylar and Samantha. Other girl names we have picked but loved Maddison the best are Shayla, Piper, Lacy, My cousin named her daughter Anna Rose, When you see her for the first time the name will come to you! and it will be perfect!!!

Good Luck and Congrats

nicram8683 responded:
My DD middle name is Rose as well. My grandmother's name is Rose, so thats why we chose it. My DD name is Cecilia, and it suits her so well. We actually had 2 names chosen Cecilia and Sophia. Then when she came out, I looked at her and just knew her name was Cecilia. Never regretted it.

With this one, I am pretty sure we have decided, but when I bring it up with hubby he always says "we have time to decide". But time is running out so I think we will have to make the final decision really soon. At least we are agreeing at this point on the few we really like.

Best of luck to you on your name choice!!
Nicole(28)Mike(30) 8yr old DD
Diagnosed MFIF June 2011 after 27 months no BC(12 months active trying)
BFP: 8/2011 M/C @ 6 weeks 9/2011
BFP: 10/2011 EDD 06/25/2012 It's a BOY!!

jlynnpaine responded:
I really like Natalie Rose. Another name that came to mind is Avery Rose. Avery is getting much more popular now so I'm not sure how you feel about that or about the fact that your DS's name starts with an "A" as well.

mommyin2011 replied to jlynnpaine's response:
Im leaning more towards Megan Rose. But its not set in stone yet. there are so many names out there...so much to pick from!! lol
Me (29) DH (30) 3 fur babies - DS 7/31/11 - 2nd baby due 7/20/12!! PINK TEAM :)

BekahS replied to jlynnpaine's response:
I'm a bit partial to Avery although my DD is Avery Elizabeth. When we named her it was pretty unheard of. I guess we started the trend. Lol. I vote Natalie Rose over Olivia and Megan. Olivia is extremely popular and Megan seems a bit "mainstream" and I've always been a fan of a name that is unique without being weird. Good luck

PS, we had DD's name picked out within a week of finding out she was a girl. Now I'm almost 33w and this poor baby has no name. We can't agree on anything. I love Weston Charles, DF is stuck on Lucas Charles. It must be a trend with baby #2 to have such trouble with names..
Me (Bekah) 25, DF (Shane) 25, DD (Avery) 4
Expecting our second bundle of joy 6/28/2012. Team Blue!

FrenchBulldogMom responded:
I like Megan Rose. Olivia is sooo popular right now and might not be unique enough for you. Natalie is ok, too.

My husband poo-pooed my first two girl name choices. We're having our twins in about 6 weeks and at first I wanted to name our girl Gemma or Jade. He thought those were too weird. Then, I really insisted that we name her Erin Elisabeth and he was OK with that. I let him decide on our boy's name and he said that if they're born on June 16th, that he'll name him James Donald. His own dad died when he was a toddler, so this would be a good choice. If our babies aren't born on this date, he wants to name the boy Joseph Donald. Donald is a family name that I don't really care for, but whatever. I really hate trendy names so these seem traditional enough for us.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Married with 3 beautiful children (2 boys and a girl)

Helpful Tips

Diapers.com
First off, I super miss this board, I "graduated" 2 months ago! I miss the excitment, so I still come back and read the posts sometimes. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.