Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Name Help Please
babypatrick posted:
Our son's name was so easy to agree on and now we are only 7 weeks away from having this little girl and we can't agree on anything!! It's getting a little nerve racking. We have talked about Grace Dawn but I like it but don't love it and my husband does. He also likes Lucille but I absolutely don't like it. I like Taylen and Jordyn but husband hates both of them. I need some input!! Grace just is such and old name and worry that she will be made fun of in high school.

mommyin2011 responded:
Im in the same boat! i have 10 weeks to come up with her name...it is so hard!! my DS was so easy too!!!

So far, I have Megan Rose, Natalie Rose - She was named Olivia Rose for a while, but I just dont love it.

Good luck to you!!!

Here are some ideas that I found...

Isabella
Sophia
Emma
Olivia
Ava
Emily
Abigail
Madison
Chloe
Mia
Addison
Elizabeth
Ella
Natalie
Samantha
Alexis
Lily
Grace
Hailey
Alyssa
Lillian
Hannah
Avery
Leah
Nevaeh
Sofia
Ashley
Anna
Brianna
Sarah
Zoe
Victoria
Gabriella
Brooklyn
Kaylee
Taylor
Layla
Allison
Evelyn
Riley
Amelia
Khloe
Makayla
Aubrey
Charlotte
Savannah
Zoey
Bella
Kayla
Alexa
Peyton
Audrey
Claire
Arianna
Julia
Aaliyah
Kylie
Lauren
Sophie
Sydney
Camila
Jasmine
Morgan
Alexandra
Jocelyn
Gianna
Maya
Kimberly
Mackenzie
Katherine
Destiny
Brooke
Trinity
Faith
Lucy
Me (29) DH (30) 3 fur babies - DS 7/31/11 - 2nd baby due 7/20/12!! PINK TEAM :)

jlynnpaine responded:
I definitely don't think she'll be made fun of for the name Grace. It's beautiful and is becoming fairly common. That being said, maybe you guys could compromise? Like use Jordyn Grace or Taylen Grace, or Grace Lucille? Good luck. Names are so tough!

jlbwondering35 responded:
I've always LOVED the name Grace!!! I would've chosen that for our daughter but she's going to have a single syllable middle and last name so we chose something with more than one syllable for the first name. For you LO middle name, is Dawn a family name?

I know it's so tough! Our DS's name came to us so quickly, but our DD, we just figured out 2 weeks ago! I'm due in about 6 weeks. LOL!

Good luck!

DAThornsMommy responded:
before i found out that i'm having a little boy, i spent many days toying with girl names... one of the top two i came up with was Nova Lynette

babypatrick replied to jlbwondering35's response:
Yes, Dawn is after my husband's grandpa - Donald. My son name is Patrick Robert and his name is after my Grandma -Patricia and my Grandpa Robert so my husband really wants the middle name after his Gpa.

babypatrick replied to mommyin2011's response:
I like Megan Rose! Thanks for your input!

jlbwondering35 replied to babypatrick's response:
Ahhh...I figured it had a special meaning. Dawn is not one of the names you hear very often anymore. We're doing the same thing. Our son's middle name is my husband's first name. SO our little girl's name is going to be after my Nana who passed away several years ago...June.

hinkle07 responded:
When my husband and I were thinking of names, before we found out we were having a boy, we liked Rylan and Adalynn for girls names just something you don't hear often

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm proud Momma of four awesome children. I had them in the perfect order I could have wished for: girl, boy, girl, boy. I've been a single mo...More

Helpful Tips

Infantino SlingRider Recalled
I just wanted everyone know that the Infantino slingrider was recalled this morning due to infant deaths. You can read the whole article at ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.