Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
cramping
gladys2000 posted:
I am 30 weeks and on saturday i felt really nauses and was cramping all day. it was like minor period cramping. I had to work from 8-5. but as soon as i got home i stayed in bed and drank lots of water. Yesterday i still had a little cramping, but only in the morning. I still was not able to eat much, like a normally do. I everyday this week (over 60 hours), and only have sunday off. So i dont have time to make a doct appt and go get checked. I am not in pain right now. But i still feel a little sick to my stomach. I have had the easiest pregnancy, no morning sickness or anything. until this now. Should i be worried? do you guys think this sounds like preterm labor? any suggestions?

mommyin2011 responded:
Here is some info I found:

What Do Braxton Hicks Contractions Feel Like?Braxton Hicks contractions can be described as tightening in the abdomen that comes and goes. Many women report these as feeling like mild menstrual cramps. These contractions are typically not painful and do not occur at regular intervals. They do not get closer together, do not increase with walking, do not increase in how long they last, and do not feel stronger over time as they do when you are in true labor.
What Do True Labor Contractions Feel Like?The way a true labor contraction feels is different for each woman and may feel different from one pregnancy to the next. Labor contractions cause discomfort or a dull ache in your back and/or lower abdomen, along with pressure in the pelvis. Some women may also feel pain in their sides and thighs. Some women describe contractions as strong menstrual cramps, while others describe them as strong waves that feel like diarrhea cramps.

check out this site on Web MD:
http://www.WebMD.com/baby/guide/true-false-labor

I have been getting them allot more lately and I am also 30 wks...its your body preparing for labor
Me (29) DH (30) 3 fur babies - DS 7/31/11 - 2nd baby due 7/20/12!! PINK TEAM :)

gladys2000 replied to mommyin2011's response:
Thank you. i feel a lot better and have not had any cramping, so hopefully it was just braxton hicks

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have an 11 yr old son and i just gave birth 2/26/10 to my baby girl. (both were a little over 10lbs at birth) it was an amazing experience and i pos...More

Helpful Tips

Diapers.com
First off, I super miss this board, I "graduated" 2 months ago! I miss the excitment, so I still come back and read the posts sometimes. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.