Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
any suggestions
sun17 posted:
Hello everyone, i am 29wks and 2days and recently have been having alot of lower back pain that soo extreme i can barely sit comfortably. i have to lie on my side to relieve any of the discomfort. is anyone else going through something simular to this or have and suggestions as to what can help the pain.

FrenchBulldogMom responded:
I'm 31 weeks and about 10 days ago, I had the worst back spasms and some pretty painful Braxton-Hicks contractions.

I had just gone to my OB that morning, so I went back in the afternoon and they checked my twins' heartbeats. Everything was fine, and my OB said that unfortunately back spasms are pretty common in pregnancy.

As far as the pain, I had some Tylenol 3 that my doctor had prescribed early in my pregnancy to help with migraine pain. I took 2 of those to help me get through the pain. One of the nurses said that a warm bath might help to calm my muscle spams also.

I haven't had any pain or contractions since last Monday, so I hope that your pain lets up soon.

sun17 replied to FrenchBulldogMom's response:
hope so too but nothing seems to be helping, ive been doing yoga daily and it helps for a couple of hours and then the pain is back. ive tried the heating pad aswell but no luck. i go to the doctor on thursday to get checked out. hopefully everthing is fine. thanks for your imput i appreciate it.

sarahann1978 replied to sun17's response:
When you sleep at night do you put a pillow under your belly? I had daily back pain with my DS until I discoved supporting it with a flat pillow at night. This time I have been having hip pains and the pillow trick has worked for that too.

hgreenwood7058 responded:
I had to get a support for my work chair and then tylenol as needed. at night because i was so big i had to have pillows in between my legs, under my belly under my head and scrunched behind my back and then also off and on used the bags (you can get them homemade or from a store) that you can put in the microwave and heat them for a couple minutes for kinda like a heating pad but made usually with rice. it helped a lot. I used it on my low and middle back and i had a neck one too.
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Carson Lee

sun17 replied to sarahann1978's response:
do sleep with a pillow at night and it helps but having to sleep on my side is exhausting because i have to constantly turn sides.

Spotlight: Member Stories

hi everybody im qwanzee and this is my first pregnancy and ill be 18 when my lil boy get's here. im very excited and nervous at the same time, for...More

Helpful Tips

Infantino SlingRider Recalled
I just wanted everyone know that the Infantino slingrider was recalled this morning due to infant deaths. You can read the whole article at ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.