Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Quick Question
nicram8683 posted:
Sorry if this is TMI but the last two days I noticed that I have had a large increase of discharge that is thick and a cloudy light yellow color. I really dont think that a mucous plug comes out over days and I thought it was suppose to be hard. But this discharge is very thick and is almost every time I go to the bathroom. This happen to anyone else?? I know that my cervix is already thinning because my OB told me so, but I dont have an appointment til Tuesday and besides BH that are up til now, not painful at all, I dont want to call him if its normal.
Appreciate it!
Nicole(28)Mike(30) 8yr old DD
Diagnosed MFIF June 2011 after 27 months no BC(12 months active trying)
BFP: 8/2011 M/C @ 6 weeks 9/2011
BFP: 10/2011 EDD 06/25/2012 It's a BOY!!

DAThornsMommy responded:
iv read in many places that the mucus plug can come out over a course of days or all at once, may or may not be tinged with a hint of blood, and that it can come out either in its entirety or in the form of extra discharge... iv also read that even after it falls out, it can regenerate itself

babypatrick responded:
I have been having the same thing! I don't know what it is either. I'm going to the dr. today and I will mention it and let you know what he says. I'm sure its just normal discharge but will ask. We are due about the same time. I'm due on June 27th however, I don't think I'm gonna last that long!! I have also had some pains in my lower abd. that goes into my crotch - I do not know what that is either!!

nicram8683 replied to babypatrick's response:
Oh yes, there is no way I am lasting to my due date. I think that I will be going in the next few weeks. Last week when I was checked at the OB he said my cervix was already thinning out.

Cant wait to hear what your Dr. says. I also have been having lower back pain, abdomen pain, and pressure in my pelvic region. All signs of early labor, so thats why I think the discharge is just another sign of that. Hope your appt goes well today!

hgreenwood7058 responded:
its normal. I had it for a few weeks before going into labor. I had to wear a pad
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Carson Lee

jlbwondering35 responded:
I'm due June 22nd and have had a ton of discharge this whole pregnancy. Basically just depends on what your body is doing. My last pregnancy was not nearly this bad! I've had to give in to putting my thongs away, wearing full sized underwear with a pad on most days. ICK!

Mentioned it to my Ob and she says it's totally normal. I was even checked yesterday while she did my Group Strep B test and there is NOTHING happening in there yet...baby has started to drop, but that's it! BOOOO! I really hope I'm not late with this one!

nicram8683 replied to jlbwondering35's response:
Sorry nothing is happening for you yet. Yeah I have starting wearing one too, its just really gross. I dont remember that happening at all with my other pregnancy. I go on Tuesday for my strep test and I plan on mentioning it then too, but based on what I have heard here and read, it seems like it is normal. I hope when I go in on Tuesday they tell me I have started to dilate. I was having some really strong BH last week, but it seems like they have almost disappeared the last few days. Like nothing is happening now.

jlbwondering35 replied to nicram8683's response:
Good luck with your dr appt on Tuesday! I hope something is going on for you! I have my first weekly appt on Friday...would love for a little movement by that time, but who knows! I'll be looking for your post! GL!

babypatrick replied to nicram8683's response:
Dr. said it was perfectly normal. Good news but bad news is that it will probably increase - oh joy! Pain is also normal just growing and stretching. I wasn't dilated at all so who knows maybe I will make it to my due date. I asked at what week he would let me delivery if I went into preterm labor and he said that he would let me delivery as early as 36 weeks but would like me to get to 37.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Amy (29) DH (30) - m/c in 12/05 ^Friday^, DS#1 11/06, DS#2 - ^Jeremiah^ - had Anencephaly, a severe neural tube defect - Born 8/14/09, Died 8/17/09, M...More

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.