Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
stretch marks
hinkle07 posted:
This is my first pregnancy and I am just now reaching my 27th week. I am getting stretch marks everywhere, but the worst is on my stomach.
The skin is starting to get so irritated form stretching that I am developing an itchy rash right on the stretch marks. I lotion my stomach every day constantly to keep my skin hydrated but it doesn't help the itch. Hydrocortosone cream helps somewhat with the itch by I have to put it on repeatedly. This has been going on for a few weeks now. I was wondering if this is normal.

Capriciousangel31 responded:
Depending on the rash you could have PUPP which is something pregnant women get and its not fun... I would ask your DR or google it to see if thats what you have.
I just hit 28 weeks today and am getting stretch marks like crazy on my belly its depressing

hinkle07 replied to Capriciousangel31's response:
Thanks I looked it up and I'm pretty sure that it is PUPP I go to my doctors this thursday and am going to ask for something to treat it all the creams and stuff I have been trying doesn't seem to be helping very much. Stretch marks are very depressing it seems like no matter how much lotion and oil I put on them they just keep getting worse. I'm high risk and have to take it easy so I can't do too many activities so I feel like they are worsening because I can't be active like I was before this pregnancy.

Capriciousangel31 replied to hinkle07's response:
here is a link for PUPP soap
http://rainiersoapworks.com/cart/category/9/puppp-relief

my mum used it during her pregnancies mainly because it was the only thing that worked for her and because is kind of a hippy lol

I hear you on not being able to do anything, I pulled a muscle on my right side and pretty much have been told not to do anything that will put strain on it so my poor hubby has to everything ,,,, you could try coconut oil it at least makes it so I don't feel like my skin is stretching beyond its means . I just try not to look in the mirror anymore lol

Thanks for the link and I hear you on the mirror thing. I am thankful we just have a small one in the bathroom it wasn't until a few months ago we were walking around in the mall and I walked past a long mirror and had to walk back to it. I couldn't believe how huge I had gotten. It's one thing to feel it another to see it. I'm so thankful my husband is being really supportive on how I look I've gained about 40lbs so far and still have 2 1/2 months to go!

We did our weekly baby bump pictures and omg I thought I looked like I was 9 months along ...its nice to have hubby's that are so supportive although mine can't wait til I waddle so he can tease me, I may just tease him right back though because he has been gaining weight right along side on me his words were: " we will get fat together and then we will get skinny together " he's a sweetie.....I do think pregnancy should come with a warning label though lol

Most definantly needs a warning label, they don't teach in school all the downsides of going thru pregnancy althou it will all be worth it in the end. I waddle already when I really have to go to the bathroom because my son is laying right on my bladder and if I really have to go it's hard to walk with him kickin me. Luckily thats the only time that I waddle so far. What are you having? and is this your first?

This is my first and we are waiting to find out what it is.
Thinking about it if I have to pee really bad I do sorta waddle lol

Aww that's exciting I wanted this one to be a surpris but my husband's grandparents really wanted to know if there was gonna be a grandson to carry on the family name so we figured we wouldn't make them wait. When we have a second baby I think we will keep it a surprise.

Spotlight: Member Stories

after 4+ years of trying our dream is coming true.

Helpful Tips

36 weeks
Hi, since the secon trimester I have had a lot of pain in the pelvic region and between my legs. Today I lost my mucous plug and have been ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 12 found this helpful