Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
baby is breech
hinkle07 posted:
I am 27 wks 1d and my baby has yet to flip from breech position, the doc says either they will try to flip him externally or c-section when the time comes. Have any of you had a late flipper? Just wanted to know since this is my first pregnancy and what I should be looking forward too if he doesn't flip. My doctors are taking him at 38 wks so I have 11 wks to hope that he will flip pending on room he has left before delivery.

jlbwondering35 responded:
I wouldn't worry just yet if I were you. Mine didn't flip until 33 weeks. My friend's sister's baby went back to breech and she's in her 37th week! I've read people's post of the baby flipping in the last week.

hinkle07 replied to jlbwondering35's response:
ok thanks makes me feel better. My docs act like its a major thing that he hasn't flipped yet at least I know now that he may flip sometime before he is born

thriftymommy2 responded:
I agree that it is still early to be worrying that he won't flip to head down. My first didn't flip until 33 or 34 weeks, and like the PP said I have heard of babies flipping very late.
Erin(35) DH(35) DS(3) DS(2) Angel Baby(7/2011) EDD 5/27/12
It's a boy!

jlbwondering35 responded:
Oh also forgot to mention to you, I know every Dr is different...but my midwife said they like to see the baby head down by 35 weeks. SO you have time to for that LO to do the flip

DAThornsMommy responded:
yeah... dont worry quite yet... my mom loves to tell me the story of when i was born: i was breech all the way up until the very last possible second... then i decided to do a complete flip just before delivery

mwhite80 responded:
My son didn't flip until I was 35 weeks which was only 3.5 weeks before I delivered him so you have plenty of time for yours to flip.
Madeline(31)DH Nathan(31)-DS Paul(4), Angel baby mc @ 6weeks 8/2008, DD Isabella (15 months), New Baby Boy Mathew Charles EDD 8/25/2012

jlynnpaine responded:
This baby was head down until 37 weeks, then turned breech and then the following week turned back to head down again. Don't panic. You have tons of time left.

hinkle07 responded:
thanks for all the support I am happy to say that my little guy finally flipped last week now just hoping he will stay that way or atleast get in position when its that time

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a single mother to a wonderful daughter and am excited to begin my adventure as a moderator with WebMD. I have past experience as a medical tran...More

Helpful Tips

36 weeks
Hi, since the secon trimester I have had a lot of pain in the pelvic region and between my legs. Today I lost my mucous plug and have been ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 12 found this helpful