Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
weight gain :(
sun17 posted:
is anyone else finding it hard not to gain weight! im 30wks and 3 days and ive already gained 25lbs i going walking and do prenatal yoga atleast 4 days a week, and i dont over eat, but it seems like everytime i go to the drs ive gained 7 lbs in 3 wks any advise on how to not gain weight so rappidly?

htots responded:
I feel your pain!! You are not alone! It has been really hard for me as well! I have almost gained 30!! The last month I have stuck to a pound a week and my goal is to keep to a pound a week till the end.

My problem is that even though I am eating fairly healthy I always feel hungry!! Luckily I have been able to exercise frequently, but walking wasn't cutting it for me. So I have upped my cardio this last month. I still walk throughout the week but also lap swim or do aerobics three times a week. That has seemd to help balance out the calories intake. So if you are able to challenge your exercise routines safely I would try it.

If it helps I don't have a single friend that gained less than 40 pounds (some up to 60!) and they are all smoking hot moms now!!

korin81 responded:
Lurking from 2nd Tri...

It could be exessive fluids, which you cannot control. With my second pregnancy I had a HUGE issue with that, I ended up gaining close to 40 pounds when I had my DD at 38 weeks. But lost more than half of that the first couple of weeks.

My midwife actually chewed me out last appt because I am at 11 pounds already, even though I am 19 weeks. I did not think 11 pounds was bad at all but she seemed unhappy about it. I told her about the fluids with DD so we shall see how that pans out.
Korin(31), DH(26), DS(3), DD(1), Khloe Madison EDD: 10/18/12

sun17 replied to htots's response:
my goal is to stick to a pound a week from hear on out, but it may be difficult because i too am constantly hungary I will try and add more cardio into my exercise but its hard when i have no energy right now but i guess ill need to tough it out since i dont want to gain 20 more lbs by the end of this pregnancy.
my first pregnancy i gained 50lbs and i was able to loose all that weight after baby but then i gradually gained some of it back. that is why im so worried about the weight this time around because i am overweight this time around.

sun17 replied to korin81's response:
does the exessive fluids make you swell up? i gained 50 with my first one and did loose it all after baby but gained some of it back over a few years.
My dr. does hassel me about my weight when i go in, so i dread stepping on the scale every dr apt. and i didnt start gaining weight until 5months which was great! but now i keep gaining 5-7 lbs every 3 wks. ugh its stressful

korin81 replied to sun17's response:
I did not have any swelling until the 3rd Tri last time. But yes by the end of the day my feet, ankles and hands were swollen. I also had GD so I started getting the weekly NST's. They would measure the fluid pockets and monitor them until I gave birth. My tummy also measured a few weeks bigger than it should have because of the fluids. Another thing is when I had normal fluid levels with my first (DS) my water broke and it was a small trickle. When my water broke last time (DD1) it was a non stop gush, I felt it would never end lol. With my DS I only gained 15 pounds. With DD1 like I said 40!!! It was a huge difference!
Korin(31), DH(26), DS(3), DD(1), Khloe Madison EDD: 10/18/12

hgreenwood7058 responded:
unfortunately some women are made that way. I didn't believe it but it happened to me as well. I gained 40lb during pregnancy. would have been more but i delivered 2.5 weeks early mine was mostly in my uteru though. The only thing i would recommend is not to drink too many fluids right before the dr so that way you don't weigh as much on the scale but other than that its just taking 1 day at a time. you will have good weeks and bad weeks on weight gain.
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Carson Lee

Spotlight: Member Stories

Born and raised in Western New York, my husband and I are expecting our first child April 24th. Its a boy and so far his name is David Clark. we are w...More

Helpful Tips

help
what do contractions feel like? More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful