Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
PUPPP rash ! Help needed!!
Lilliahna posted:
I am 28w4d and deveolped a PUPPP rash about 2 weeks ago. I started using hydrocortisone cream on my Dr.s advice. Seemed to speed up the spread of the rash drastically . It is now spreading over my chest back belly legs and arms. . Cold compresses relieve the itching momentarily but as I work over 40 hours a week and have a 2yo I dont have a lot of time to sit with compresses on my entire body. Aloe, lotion, olive oil, baking soda all make it burn like there is no tomorrow and cause it to stay inflamed for hours. I already have super sensitive skin and am at a loss as to what to do to stop the spread or help with the itch. I scratch it in my sleep and cause it to bleed! Also I'm allergic to pine sap ,so the most common remedy of Grandpa's Pine Tar Soap is out. Any advice?? My Dr cant see me till my normal Wed appt and I am to the point of screaming in frustration.

capriciousangel31 responded:
Here is a link to a natural site that makes PUPPP relief soap, I am not sure if it has pine sap in it or not but I know my mum has super sensitive skin and nothing the Doctor's gave her worked this was the only thing that helped her and she had it all over her body
http://rainiersoapworks.com/cart/category/9/puppp-relief it's only 5 dollars for a bar of the soap so it doesn't hurt to try
I hope you feel better soon

Lilliahna replied to capriciousangel31's response:
Thank you! I'm trying to find the ingredient list for it but cant find anything anywhere I may just order it and hope it doesn't contain any of my allergens LOL

hinkle07 responded:
check this website out it has a bunch of stuff you can try I too have developed the PUPPS rash just recently and it is spreading like crazy. A few things I did find that helps is Ivarest soap which is for poison ivy but it relieves the itch for a few hours another thing is Sarna lotion which I use after my shower and I am itch free for a little bit. Also I read that vegetable juice like V8 and V8 fruit and veggie juice helps too I just started drinking that but I guess it helps flush out the rash toxins in your body. Good luck and I totally feel for you. My dr. says theres really nothing they can do especially being only 28 weeks cuz the only true cure for PUPPS is to have the baby. http://oda.com/2009/04/12/puppp-relief/

capriciousangel31 replied to Lilliahna's response:
I tried to look for the ingredient list as well but couldn't find it

Lilliahna replied to hinkle07's response:
ty! I will try the V8 juice as well!

Lilliahna replied to capriciousangel31's response:
Ty for looking! I am going to ask the Dr tomorrow about the soap

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Courtney, DH and I have been married for 8 years. We have a beautiful DD named Peyton who was born 12-20-08 and another beautiful DD named ...More

Helpful Tips

Flushable moist wipes
Just thought I'd share a tip that I learned this time around. After the birth of DD1, I was given the squirt bottle to clean down there ... More
Was this Helpful?
125 of 223 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.