Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
sex
danajen posted:
I'm in my third tri and I'm wondering if it's safe to have sex???!
When I orgasm I don't have painful cramping, just tightening in the belly. Why is that?? Also, when I look down at my belly right when it's tightening it sits higher to the right almost like the baby is moving over to one side or something....or sometimes to the left.
This happened during the second tri and with my last pregnancy.
I heard somewhere before that during third tri ur not supposed to have much sex b/c it can cause pre-term labor...is this true?

tlkittycat1968 responded:
As long as your doctor hasn't said otherwise, you can continue to have sex right up to your water breaking. The tightening in the belly is the uterus contracting from the orgasm but don't worry, if the baby isn't ready to come out, he won't.

Spotlight: Member Stories

The story I need to tell is the one about fighting infertility, through the two miscarriages and finally the light at the end of a long, dark tunnel-t...More

Helpful Tips

Flushable moist wipes
Just thought I'd share a tip that I learned this time around. After the birth of DD1, I was given the squirt bottle to clean down there ... More
Was this Helpful?
125 of 223 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.