Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
soft and short cervix too early???
mnmama41 posted:
I had light spotting last week and some BH so at my 32 week check my Dr asked if she could do an internal just to check, which I said yes to. She was surprised to see that my cervix was already very soft and very short. She said this is a big indicator of preterm labor. I was not put on bedrest, she just said that I need to be off my feet as much as possible, drink plenty of water and in 2 weeks she will see how things are going. This is my 4th baby and I have never had any issues with anything during the previous 3 so I am sorta freaked out!! Anyone else have advise or similar experience??

melb1121 responded:
  • *lurking**

i had a simaler experience with my second pregnancy.....i was 34 weeks and one day i had bh constantly for about 4 hours....had an appt that week and let my dr know, he checked me and i was already dialated 2cm....so he put me on bed rest and a medication to stop my contractions, i ended up being induced at 36 weeks due to pre-e.......good luck

• Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, I'm a first time mom, due in october and we have chosen to keep the gender a surprise. I will be barely(only a few days) 34 when I deliver if ...More

Helpful Tips

Flushable moist wipes
    Just thought I'd share a tip that I learned this time around. After the birth of DD1, I was given the squirt bottle to clean down there ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    125 of 223 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.