Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
soft and short cervix too early???
mnmama41 posted:
I had light spotting last week and some BH so at my 32 week check my Dr asked if she could do an internal just to check, which I said yes to. She was surprised to see that my cervix was already very soft and very short. She said this is a big indicator of preterm labor. I was not put on bedrest, she just said that I need to be off my feet as much as possible, drink plenty of water and in 2 weeks she will see how things are going. This is my 4th baby and I have never had any issues with anything during the previous 3 so I am sorta freaked out!! Anyone else have advise or similar experience??

melb1121 responded:
  • *lurking**

i had a simaler experience with my second pregnancy.....i was 34 weeks and one day i had bh constantly for about 4 hours....had an appt that week and let my dr know, he checked me and i was already dialated 2cm....so he put me on bed rest and a medication to stop my contractions, i ended up being induced at 36 weeks due to pre-e.......good luck

• Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, my name is Becca. DH and I had been TTC for 18 cycles before success!!! It was our 3 IUI and our 2nd round with Femara and Menopur. We got our BFP...More

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
    WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
    Was this Helpful?
    6 of 12 found this helpful