Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Callie's Birth Story! :)
angelsmythers posted:
Callie Lynn McDermott was born Wedneaday May 30, 2012 at 12:42 am. She weighed 7lbs 14 oz and 19.5 in long!

Tuesday I woke up having contractions, but nothing consistent. Some were 15 min apart, some 10, then I would go an hour without them. So I cleaned my house, took DS outside to swim in his pool. and then took a nap. DF got home around 330 from work and I started having them a little closer together. At about 5 they were 10 min apart, and by 6 they were 5-7 min apart. I didnt think it was real labor. I thought she was just messing with us. I went ahead and took a shower while DF got DS ready and got the stuff in the car. By the time I got out of the shower my contractions were 4-5 min apart and HURTING! So we went ahead and took DS to MIL's and headed to the hospital. Half way to the hospital (its a 45 min drive) my contractions were 2-3 min apart! When I got to L&D I went to triage and my contractions were anywhere from 1-3 min apart and I was already 6 cm! I couldn't believe it! I was admitted around 9 pm. I had to get bloodwork and all that before I could get my epi, and at that time I was still handling the contractions pretty good so I didn't know if I wanted the epi.I By 10 I KNEW I wanted it! LOL. So I got a dose of nubane while waiting. The lady came in and the epidural went right in, and almost immediately relieved the pain! It was MUCH better than my epidural with DS. The doctor broke my water and checked me and i was at 8 cm! I all the way to 8 cm before getting an epidural, I was so proud to have just made it that far! By 12 I started feeling my contractions a little on the left and with every contraction my butt felt like it was going to explode! lol. So at 1230 the nurse checked me and said I was complete and the baby was RIGHT there. So she had me do a few practice pushes. After 2 pushes she told me to stop because she did NOT want to deliver my baby! LOL. She called the doctor, and once he got there 4 pushes and she was out! I couldn't have imagined and easier birth! I only had a small episiotomy. She is more beautiful than I could have EVER imagined! SHe latched right on and is BFing like a champ! She is sleeping at night about 5 hours at a time! I have to wake her or my boobs feel like they are going to explode! LOL. Big brother is so in love with her This time around was so much easier. I feel back to 100%. My bleeding is almost nothing already, and I fit into real clothes again! LOL. Last time I bled the whole 6 weeks, with HORRIBLE pain from the episiotomy, and took forever to loose my weight! This time I feel great, just still some cramping which they said is normal for the first week or two form BFing.

I hope you ladies have a happy and healthy rest of your pregnancies

Here's the link to my fb for some pictures

http://www.facebook.com/connorsmama519/photos#!/media/set/?set=a.3495132379265.2163057.1300246051&type=3

mwhite80 responded:
Congrats on the birth of your little girl. Enjoy her!!!
Madeline(31)DH Nathan(31)-DS Paul(4), Angel baby mc @ 6weeks 8/2008, DD Isabella (15 months), New Baby Boy Mathew Charles EDD 8/25/2012

jlbwondering35 responded:
Awww! Love your birth story! I am so glad to hear everything went so smoothly! Sounds like you're doing incredible! Enjoy the newest addition to your family! Congratulations!

sumis replied to jlbwondering35's response:
congratulations .Thats a very nice birthd story ,You make it all sound so easier

good luck with the little bundle of joy

mommyin2011 responded:
Congrats! glad to hear that recovery is going much easier for you!!! I saw your babies pic on your facebook. She is Beautiful!
Me (29) DH (30) 3 fur babies - DS 7/31/11 - 2nd baby due 7/20/12!! PINK TEAM :)

angelsmythers responded:
thank you!

hgreenwood7058 responded:
congrats!
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Carson Lee

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Congratulations Angel!

So glad to hear your beautiful story of Callie's birth. The second time around and you are a pro!

We are looking forward to hearing more about how you, Callie and the rest of your family is doing on Baby's First Year .

Many blessings to you and your family,
Elizabeth
Elizabeth
~To be a child is to know the joy of living, To have a child is to know the gift of life.~ Author Unknown

Lilbfly replied to angelsmythers's response:
Yes, Miss Angel-bob, she is a beautiful little girl. And I hope that I can be so strong as to make it 8cm with no pain meds!!!! Love, Audrey <3

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello! My name is Heather. I am a social worker in the greater Atlanta area. I have a nine year old son, and a four year old step son. Jonh and I are ...More

Helpful Tips

Flushable moist wipes
Just thought I'd share a tip that I learned this time around. After the birth of DD1, I was given the squirt bottle to clean down there ... More
Was this Helpful?
125 of 223 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.