Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Mucos Plug
jpvmami2 posted:
I am 38 weeks pregnant today and last night I started having some HEAVY mucos discharge, I didnt think it was my mucos plug because it wasnt brown or bloody like when it happened w my daughter (9years ago)..this time its whitish yellow..I have no contractions just alot of presurre down there..so I called my doctor and she said it was my mucos plug and that it varies in color and ways it comes out, she said do not worry unless my water breaks. w my daughter, my mucos plug came out in the a.m and I had her @ 5pm..my water never broke by itself..but text book says labor can happen within 2 weeks..has anyone else lost their mucos plug and still pregs???

mommyin2011 responded:
with my son, I lost my plug the day before he was born. my water never broke with my son (the nurse broke it when she was checking me).

I have heard that you can still go a few weeks w/o any contractions after you lose your plug...

good luck to you!!! hope u have you LO sooner than later
Me (29) DH (30) 3 fur babies - DS 7/31/11 - 2nd baby due 7/20/12!! PINK TEAM :)

jedmonds12 responded:
  • lurking from 2nd tri*

When I was pg with my 1st son, I lost my plug 8 or 9 days before I went into labor. I lost it in pieces over a 2-day period, too.
    Julie (28), DH (35)
    DS Kawika 4/25/11
    Due 10/7/12 - blue team!
  •  
    jlbwondering35 responded:
    I lost mine in two parts, one on a monday and the other on a wed, had my son on Thursday. My friend lost hers a week before having both of her children. Don't you just hate the waiting game these last couple weeks. I thought maybe I lost my plug back 2 weeks ago, but now I'm thinking it was just a increase in dc that particular moment. Good luck! We're all so close!!!!!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi my name is D(28) DB(30) Jordan(11)Daniel(5)Dasia(2)Dominque(DueApril 3,2011)With this pregnancy its very different from the other three pregnancy,w...More

Helpful Tips

Infantino SlingRider Recalled
    I just wanted everyone know that the Infantino slingrider was recalled this morning due to infant deaths. You can read the whole article at ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    21 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.