Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Breech baby
mommyin2011 posted:
Im 34 wks and baby is heads up! OB said if she hasn't turned by my 36 wk, c-section it is! My DS was head down before 30 wks. I really do not want a c-section. Is there anything I can do to get her to turn?

Thanks!!
Me (29) DH (30) 3 fur babies - DS 7/31/11 - 2nd baby due 7/20/12!! PINK TEAM :)

htots responded:
A midwife gave me some tips. She said play music to the bottom of your uterus and shine a flashlight down there as well. baby should want to move towards the music and light. Also didn't sound very comfortable but she said lay an ironing board against a couch and literally lay upside down. Baby may prefer to sit upright so obviously laying upside down would cause her to flip.

I don't know if they work or not. I haven't really tried them yet I am 30 weeks now.

Good luck! I hope your little one flips!

expectingsept2010 responded:
Lurking--
My in-laws are both chiropractors and my mother in-law says she has turned many babies. You may want to check with a chiropractor? Also, when I was expecting last time in 2010, my baby was breach until 3 or 4 weeks before I had her too...and my midwife suggested laying upside down and I tried it and it must have worked because she turned. Good luck!

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi mommy -

My sister had a version with her first child to turn him.

Has your OB mentioned this as an option?

External Cephalic Version

I was there when she had it done, she was getting frustrated with the doctors, as they were pushing on her abdomen they were chatting about golf with her husband!

Elizabeth
Elizabeth
~To be a child is to know the joy of living, To have a child is to know the gift of life.~ Author Unknown

mommyin2011 replied to Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff's response:
thanks for the suggestions. I will try the light and music tonight. as for the doctor turning the baby, it sounds painful...but I will ask if they will try before doing the c-section. I will find out Thursday is she has turned or not..wish me luck
Me (29) DH (30) 3 fur babies - DS 7/31/11 - 2nd baby due 7/20/12!! PINK TEAM - Natalie Rose

mommyin2011 responded:
SHE TURNED!!!! im so excited!!!! and Im already 1 cm!!!
Me (29) DH (30) 3 fur babies - DS 7/31/11 - 2nd baby due 7/20/12!! PINK TEAM - Natalie Rose

htots replied to mommyin2011's response:
YAY!! Good to hear

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Michon (pronounced Mi-Shawn) and I am married to the most caring loving man I have ever met his name is Nelson! I have one son Alex who is ...More

Helpful Tips

Flushable moist wipes
Just thought I'd share a tip that I learned this time around. After the birth of DD1, I was given the squirt bottle to clean down there ... More
Was this Helpful?
125 of 223 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.