Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Sharp pain
jillydilly0 posted:
Last night, I had sharp pains in my girly area. It felt like I was being stabbed down there! LOL Since this is my first pregnany, all of this is new to me. Does anyone know what causes this?
Thanks!!
ME (28) DH (31) EDD 7/6/2012 Team Pink- Addison Eliana

BekahS responded:
It's very possible that your LO decided to "explore" your cervix She could have been shifting positions or jabbed you with her hand/foot. As long as it doesn't continue and didnt come with any bleeding or preterm labor, I'd just thank your LO!
Me (Bekah) 25, DF (Shane) 25, DD (Avery) 4
Expecting our second bundle of joy 6/28/2012. Team Blue!

jillydilly0 replied to BekahS's response:
Thanks Bekah!
ME (28) DH (31) EDD 7/6/2012 Team Pink- Addison Eliana

DixieBrandon replied to BekahS's response:
I agree with BekahS. I am on my 4th and 25w5d and I have had that towards the end with all of them. I think it is the baby or it could still be stretching. It does still stretch down there. Your uterus is getting heavier and pushing down. My OB told me that could be part of it too. But it does feel like stabbing huh. It may get worse the more baby drops. I am just tired of feeling like my belly is going to pop because I have to pee so bad. LOL

Spotlight: Member Stories

Here we go! Finally I reach the home stretch. Wow time flies. My name is Charissa Hill (20 yrs). My fiance Jovany (27 yrs) and I are expecting our DS ...More

Helpful Tips

Flushable moist wipes
Just thought I'd share a tip that I learned this time around. After the birth of DD1, I was given the squirt bottle to clean down there ... More
Was this Helpful?
125 of 223 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.