Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
risk of stress while 7 months pregnant
tantalizing_elegance posted:
I'm under sooo much stress. Its been two weeks since I've been dealing with major stress and on top of it I'm dealing with depression and anxiety disorders. i'm not on any medication for it. What are the risks to my baby and I since I'm under so much stress? I'm cramping more than usual. The contractions hurt sometimes they feel like sharp pains. I talked to my dr about it she said if I'm bleeding then come in. I'm trying not to stress but it's hard.

mwhite80 responded:
Stress is never a good thing while pregnant. You should probably post this over on the pregnancy community board so you can get some expert advice. Maybe you should look into prenatal yoga or meditation to help calm you down.
Madeline(32)DH Nathan(31)-DS Paul(4), Angel baby mc @ 6weeks 8/2008, DD Isabella (15 months), New Baby Boy Mathew Charles EDD 8/25/2012

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hello tantalizing_elegance -

I am so sorry to hear about how you are feeling. I agree with mwhite and also want to add to again talk with your doctor.

If you are uncomfortable talking with your doctor just print out what you wrote here. It is important for them to know exactly what you are feeling.

And, please keep talking here. Does the yoga or meditation seem like something that can help?
Elizabeth
~To be a child is to know the joy of living, To have a child is to know the gift of life.~ Author Unknown

tantalizing_elegance replied to Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff's response:
My dr knows about the depression and anxiety. She also knows about the stress. I told her cuz she was concerned cuz I lost a pound. So I told her why. I'm scared to go to my next visit cuz I'm still the same. I have a therapist i'm talking to plus another councelor for pregnancy and problems. I feel better talking then after... maybe an hr I feel the same. I have knots in my stomach everyday. I have a feeling I might go into labor early but I could be wrong as well. I'm only close to 31 weeks.

reyneromance93 responded:
understand were you are going....right now im exactly 7 months too...im 29 weeks as of today and well i'm very stressed...i'm having to be a single mam which is hard and being stressed why pregnant is never good...but as long as you try to keep calm...were you are not having a break down like i did.....i think you should be fine....drink plenty of water....take your prenatal vitamins.. and eat healthy and try to find a way to blow off steam like maybe take a walk or watch a very humorous tv show...or even read a very calming good book...good luck hunny and i hope everything gets better...

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi my name is Monique I'm married with 4 kids with #5 on the way (anyday now), my kids ages are DD13, DD11, DS6, DS4. The new LO is a boy and his ...More

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.