Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
mucus plug
reyneromance93 posted:
this is my very first pregnancy and i will be 28 weeks tomorrow. i dont even know what a mucus plug looks like. i have discharge all the time. i've had it my entire pregnancy lol. what should i be looking for when im looking for a mucus plug?

mwhite80 responded:
If you do lose your mucus plug it is a thick discharge, sometimes it is bloody or light pink in color. The discharge you have now is normal while pregnant and nothing to worry about.
Madeline(32)DH Nathan(31)-DS Paul(4), Angel baby mc @ 6weeks 8/2008, DD Isabella (15 months), New Baby Boy Mathew Charles EDD 8/25/2012

reyneromance93 replied to mwhite80's response:
mkay thank you so much

jlbwondering35 responded:
Google Mucous Plug, but look it up under images. That helped me immensely my first pregnancy Looks like an enormous booger, sometimes blood tinged... I've started losing pieces of mine this time around (I'm due Friday) and it's been like boogers, once a little blood tinged. It's gross, but a very exciting time in your pregnancy b/c it means you're probably close once that starts to fall out.

reyneromance93 replied to jlbwondering35's response:
thank you

Spotlight: Member Stories

Amy (29) DH (30) - m/c in 12/05 ^Friday^, DS#1 11/06, DS#2 - ^Jeremiah^ - had Anencephaly, a severe neural tube defect - Born 8/14/09, Died 8/17/09, M...More

Helpful Tips

Infantino SlingRider Recalled
I just wanted everyone know that the Infantino slingrider was recalled this morning due to infant deaths. You can read the whole article at ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.