Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Trevor's official birth story
nicram8683 posted:
Trevor was discharged from the NICU and we are now home as a complete family. So I thought I would share my birth story now.

I had a 4pm appointment on Tuesday the 5th and was told I was about 3 cm dialated and 75% effaced. I came home did some housework and just relaxed. My husband went to bed and I stayed up, having trouble falling asleep. I finally went to bed around midnight. At 2:30a I woke up having a contraction and had to use the bathroom. I laid in bed and could not fall back to sleep. At around 3:20a I was laying on my right side and my belly made this weird sound like a rubber band snapped. I instantly knew my water had broken. But it didnt gush out, it was a slow trickle. I got up and called the Dr who said to go to the hospital. I woke up DH & DD. Had to get a few more things together and we left the house around 3:45a. I was having no contractions up til that point.

In the short car ride I had 2 contractions. I arrived and was told I was 4-5cm with contractions 2 mins apart and asked if I wanted the epidural. I did and the Dr. came in right away with it. We had arranged for my DD to be somewhere from 8-12 (a summer camp) and my DH had to take her. So at 7a the nurse said I was 8 and moving quickly. Told DH to high tail it outta there and get right back. He came back at 7:45 and they had me ready to push. I pushed through 5 contractions only and he was out. I did tear pretty bad and had to get several stitches. Also, my regular OB was on vacation so I had the on call Dr who was very impersonal and I didnt like her. Luckily my nurse was amazing (and employee of the year) so she helped me through it.

I can not believe that with both my children I have had such an easy labor. I mean to go from no contractions to delivery in a matter of hours is great. Even though Trevor gave me a lot of stress in his first 6 days, I am so happy to be at home with him.
Nicole(28)Mike(30) 8yr old DD
Diagnosed MFIF June 2011 after 27 months no BC(12 months active trying)
BFP: 8/2011 M/C @ 6 weeks 9/2011
BFP: 10/2011 EDD 06/25/2012 It's a BOY!!

mwhite80 responded:
Welcome home Trevor and congrats family
Madeline(32)DH Nathan(31)-DS Paul(4), Angel baby mc @ 6weeks 8/2008, DD Isabella (15 months), New Baby Boy Mathew Charles EDD 8/25/2012

mommyin2011 responded:
congrats!!!! glad you didnt have a long labor/delivery. those are no fun!!
enjoy your family:)
Me (29) DH (30) 3 fur babies - DS 7/31/11 - 2nd baby due 7/20/12!! PINK TEAM - Natalie Rose

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Congratulations Nicole! So glad to hear you are home after the emotional and physically exhausting roller coaster you have been on.

Time to take it easy and just snuggle at home with your little guy.

We look forward to meeting up with you on Baby's First Year to follow how you, Trevor and your family are doing.

Best Wishes and Many Blessings,
Elizabeth
Elizabeth
~To be a child is to know the joy of living, To have a child is to know the gift of life.~ Author Unknown

nicram8683 responded:
Thank you all. We have our first follow up appointment with the pediatrician tomorrow. So far he has done very well at home.

jlbwondering35 responded:
Congratulations! I'm so glad to hear your labor went well! Very happy to hear Trevor is home and please let us know how his appointment goes! YAY!

nicram8683 replied to jlbwondering35's response:
His appointment went great. Dr. said everything is great. His belly looked good, but we need to keep an eye on it. He goes back in 2 weeks for another check. But he has been pooping like crazy, which is a really good sign that he does not have Hirschsprungs Syndrome which is what the NICU Dr said might have been the cause of the delayed meconium.

Cant wait to hear your birth story very soon!!

jlbwondering35 replied to nicram8683's response:
Oh such good news! I'm so happy to hear that! What a relief for you! You never want to have to worry about your LO health! Yay for lots of poops, you go Trevor!

Augh, can't wait to post my birth story! Due Friday. Have had several teases, but not the real deal. Stay tuned!!!

Oh Boy its so close. I hope baby comes by friday. Nothing worse then the date coming and then no baby!! Cant wait to hear the birth story, I hope it goes very smoothly for you.

I have to take Trevor in today for a weight check. He has not been eating of the breast very well the last few days. He is latching and then swallowing (I can hear him) but only for a few minutes, then he is just sucking, with no swallowing. Then he is constantly looking for more food. I try to put him back on the breast, he just sucks and lets go over and over. so they want to check his weight to see if he is gaining

I hope she comes by Friday too! I have a Dr appt tomorrow afternoon, we'll see if there is any progress! LOTS of tightening in my lower abdomen tonight and uncomfortable, but no real contractions.

How'd Trevor's Dr. appt go today???

I hope your contractions are getting stronger and that you will be delivering soon!!

His appointment didnt go so well. He actually lost about 6 oz just from Friday to Wed. I explained to the Dr. my breastfeeding issues and also told her when I have tried to supplement with a bottle (Enfamil newborn) he was very gassy & uncomfortable. He has only had 3 bottles of 2oz each since he has been home. So she recommended Isomil for him now & says she doesnt think I am making enough breast milk. Still trying to breastfeed, but it seems like he has lost his ability to latch properly. So now I am pumping a lot and just putting the breast milk I do get into a bottle, and then if he still is hungry, I make formula. I am having to document all his feedings, and we go back on Monday for another weight check. Hopefully he is gaining. He seems to retain a lot of air in his belly, I am hoping this is not an indication that there is something still wrong with him.

Hope to hear that you deliver tomorrow!!

Hey Nicole,

Sorry to hear it's been a rough 5 days for you guys! How did his appt go yesterday? Is he gaining weight? I'm sure it's just b/c he's losing his latch that his weight is down. I had to supplement with my first b/c he wouldn't latch and I didn't have a great milk supply. So I pumped like mad and then supplemented when needed. That did the trick. Hope things improve for you! Let me know how he did.

Sorry for the late response. I posted my birth story!!! I actually delivered on her due date. It was an insane experience this time around! Was really not expecting to go into labor over night and be up for over 24 hours that day! LOL! Totally worth it though!

Yes I saw your birth story, congrats again! Hope you are getting a chance to get some sleep.

Trevor had an appointment on Monday and he is back up to his birth weight of 8lb2oz. So he basically gained a half an ounce a day, but the Dr. says at this point he should be gaining a full ounce a day. So we are still supplementing to make sure he is getting enough. Of course though, the last poop he had was on Saturday. So yesterday I did some rectal stimulation with a thermometer, and today he was pooping more but with a lot of discomfort. Its so sad to see him crying while trying to poop. Hopefully he can get into a good place where he is eating a lot and pooping on a regular schedule.

Thanks! I'm sleeping now bc my husband is home and Hadley sleeps about 3 1/2 hours at a time. When he goes back to work I'll be up earlier bc of my son. Oh well! I'll manage!

I hope Trevor continues to do well! Hopefully the painful poops will stop and he'll move them regularly!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My Story: My name is Summer and I'm 29 yo. My DH and I have been married for almost 2 & half years but we will have been together for a total ...More

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 12 found this helpful