Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Birth story
beckyatmoms posted:
I know, crazy right! On Tuesday the 5th I was getting ready for work when my water broke. We went to the hospital and sure enough baby A's water broke. I was immediately put on total bed rest and magnesium (which is horrible) to stop any contractions long enough to get steroids and antibiotics. Two days later I had all the steroids the babies needed and was basically just waiting for labor to start. Sunday night I noticed some lower abdominal discomfort and the fluid I was leaking turned a pink color. Well within an hour I was having a c section.

Baby A (Emma) weighed in at 2lbs 11oz and baby B (Reagan) weighed in at 3lbs 4oz. Both babies are doing very well and breathing on their own. I'm pumping what I can, but my milk hasn't really come in yet. I will be discharged on Thursday and am dreading going home without the twins. They are so precious! I know they are in good hands and have a long road ahead of them but I feel encouraged by how well they are doing so far.
Becky (35) DH (32) DS (12) DSD (6) - after 3 1/2 years and 3 attempts of IVF we are finally expecting twin girls - due 8/24/12!

nicram8683 responded:
Oh Congrats! So happy that your 2 little girls are here and doing well.
Nicole(28)Mike(30) 8yr old DD
Diagnosed MFIF June 2011 after 27 months no BC(12 months active trying)
BFP: 8/2011 M/C @ 6 weeks 9/2011
BFP: 10/2011 EDD 06/25/2012 It's a BOY!!

jlbwondering35 responded:
CONGRATULATIONS! Very early and sooo happy to hear everyone is doing well! Enjoy your beautiful girls, hope they get to come home soon!!

mwhite80 responded:
Congratulations on your little girls, so happy to hear that they doing so well and they will be home with you before you know it. Keep us posted on your girls progress, they will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Madeline(32)DH Nathan(31)-DS Paul(4), Angel baby mc @ 6weeks 8/2008, DD Isabella (15 months), New Baby Boy Mathew Charles EDD 8/25/2012

sarahann1978 responded:
Congrats, I'm happy to read that everything is good even though they were so early! Your due date was actually after mine, so it really makes it set in that the end is coming. I hope they get big, strong and healthy quickly so you can take them home soon!

hgreenwood7058 responded:
congrats. soo glad they are doing so good.
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Carson Lee

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Wow! Congratulations Becky!

I am sure today was a difficult day for you and hope both of your Princess Peanuts continue to do well and are able to join you at home as soon as possible. How many weeks were you when you delivered?

Please check in with all the other June mommies over on Baby's First Year Community . We look forward to hearing how you and the girls are doing.

Many Blessings to you and your family,
Elizabeth

BTW - I also had mag and agree - horrible!!!
Elizabeth
~To be a child is to know the joy of living, To have a child is to know the gift of life.~ Author Unknown

beckyatmoms replied to Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff's response:
I was 28 weeks 3 days. I ended up on mag 3 times! I know it is best for the peanuts but wow, that stuff is no joke!
Becky (35) DH (32) DS (12) DSD (6) - after 3 1/2 years and 3 attempts of IVF we are finally expecting twin girls - due 8/24/12!

Zaysmama replied to beckyatmoms's response:
Congrats! Glad to hear they are doing so well for being so early! hopefully they are home with you soon! Best wishes to you and your family!!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Erin, soon to be 33, mother to a 13 year old son, one on the way. Due May 7.

Helpful Tips

Infantino SlingRider Recalled
I just wanted everyone know that the Infantino slingrider was recalled this morning due to infant deaths. You can read the whole article at ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.