Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Big babies
nickibeach posted:
Hi everyone!

Is anyone else here having a big baby? My first child was 8lbs 15oz a week early and now I am measuring pretty big with this one as well. I really hope she isn't bigger than my first I don't think my body can take it. I get another ultra sound in two weeks to see if we need to get things going a little early.

sarahann1978 responded:
My DS was pretty big, 8lb 10oz. He was born c-section, so I don't know how it would have been to deliver him naturally. I am hoping to VBAC my DD, but we shall see. My Mom also had big babies, my sister was the smallest at 8lbs even, I was 8lb 11oz and two of my brothers were 9lbs and some ozs and my other brother was over 10lbs.

So far DD is measuring a week small, so I don't know if that means she will be small, or if she will just come much past my due date.

hoping101 responded:
I worry about this too! My DS was 8lb 10oz and I pushed him out in 38 minutes. My doctor said since it was easy with his weight and the way that I am built that I shouldn't have problems with a bigger baby. Unless he is coming out toddler size!!! LOL! I will have an ultrasound at 31 weeks to guesstimate size. We shall see!

hgreenwood7058 responded:
I would have had a big baby had I not had lil man almost 3 weeks early. He weighed 7lb 5oz and 17 days early. Probably would have been a 9lb baby
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Carson Lee

nikndan13 responded:
Lurking from 2nd tri board :

All my babies have progressively gotten bigger too ( 7.1 , 8.8 and 9.4 ) just wanted to throw my 2 cents in but if you are really thinking that your LO is getting much bigger than anticipated ( and you are measuring much bigger ) I would def bring up the conversation with your OB about inducing a week or two early just to know what their opinion is and where they stand on that . I feel like that was my biggest regret with my last pregnancy - was not being on my doc more when I was measuring much bigger - and then last minute I ended up with a csection cause the baby was too big . good luck to you : )

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi I am a 26 year old mother of two, stepmother of two, and have one due in may. My first baby was 5 weeks early, second was induced, and now I am que...More

Helpful Tips

Diapers.com
First off, I super miss this board, I "graduated" 2 months ago! I miss the excitment, so I still come back and read the posts sometimes. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.