Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Big babies
nickibeach posted:
Hi everyone!

Is anyone else here having a big baby? My first child was 8lbs 15oz a week early and now I am measuring pretty big with this one as well. I really hope she isn't bigger than my first I don't think my body can take it. I get another ultra sound in two weeks to see if we need to get things going a little early.

sarahann1978 responded:
My DS was pretty big, 8lb 10oz. He was born c-section, so I don't know how it would have been to deliver him naturally. I am hoping to VBAC my DD, but we shall see. My Mom also had big babies, my sister was the smallest at 8lbs even, I was 8lb 11oz and two of my brothers were 9lbs and some ozs and my other brother was over 10lbs.

So far DD is measuring a week small, so I don't know if that means she will be small, or if she will just come much past my due date.

hoping101 responded:
I worry about this too! My DS was 8lb 10oz and I pushed him out in 38 minutes. My doctor said since it was easy with his weight and the way that I am built that I shouldn't have problems with a bigger baby. Unless he is coming out toddler size!!! LOL! I will have an ultrasound at 31 weeks to guesstimate size. We shall see!

hgreenwood7058 responded:
I would have had a big baby had I not had lil man almost 3 weeks early. He weighed 7lb 5oz and 17 days early. Probably would have been a 9lb baby
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Carson Lee

nikndan13 responded:
Lurking from 2nd tri board :

All my babies have progressively gotten bigger too ( 7.1 , 8.8 and 9.4 ) just wanted to throw my 2 cents in but if you are really thinking that your LO is getting much bigger than anticipated ( and you are measuring much bigger ) I would def bring up the conversation with your OB about inducing a week or two early just to know what their opinion is and where they stand on that . I feel like that was my biggest regret with my last pregnancy - was not being on my doc more when I was measuring much bigger - and then last minute I ended up with a csection cause the baby was too big . good luck to you : )

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello everyone! I am a 27 year old mother of one with a little on the way. Me and my hubby have been together for 9 years now, and we are so excited t...More

Helpful Tips

36 weeks
Hi, since the secon trimester I have had a lot of pain in the pelvic region and between my legs. Today I lost my mucous plug and have been ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 12 found this helpful