Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
so worried... :(
reyneromance93 posted:
hi, i feel really bad...i am going to be a single mam and i was with a drug addict but left him and one of his habits like smoking cigarettes rubbed off on me for a while....i used to be a chain smoker before i found out i was pregnant and right when i found out i quit but then i started withdrawing. i know it sounds so stupid but its true, so i decided to start back but not smoke a lot at all i smoked one cigarette a day then cut down to one cigarette a week well...i finally quit and im offically 29 weeks pregnant as of today..im just worried will my baby be fine?? i have had ultra sounds and his heart sounds fine and he looks like hes developing very well....it wasn't intentional to hurt him... i was just having problems quitting. now i'm doing everything right..i'm taking vitamins...drinking plenty of water..eating healthy.. i have been taking my vitamins ever since the third month of my pregnancy. i love my baby i just wanna make sure he's going to be okay. please help?

tlkittycat1968 responded:
If the doctor isn't worried, you shouldn't be either. The danger of smoking is usually if you smoke the entire pregnancy. Since you were early in the pregnancy when you quit, you should be fine.

jlbwondering35 responded:
Although I'm not a smoker and can't stand the habit, I will tell you that my Mom smoked with all three of us and we're all healthy. I'm VERY glad to hear you've quit, that's quite an accomplishment! Hope you can stay cigarette free when your LO arrives. Second hand smoke is so bad and dangerous to you LO.

Stay positive, you've made a step in the right direction, he'll be fine

reyneromance93 replied to jlbwondering35's response:
thanks you and yes i know it took me until like my fifth month to like officially quit because i was around it with my friends and well its highly addicting...im proud to say tho i have stopped full flesh which makes me positive about things but it just worries me cuz things go wrong with just regular pregnancies..when women actually never picked up a cigerette or anything why they were pregnant.

reyneromance93 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
yea i went to the dr today and heard his heartbeat he has such a strong heartbeat and hes doing just fine..he weighs the right amount and everything

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, I'm a first time mom, due in october and we have chosen to keep the gender a surprise. I will be barely(only a few days) 34 when I deliver if ...More

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.