Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Griddle after delivery
sjfloyd posted:
We are about to start trying for our second. I have heard a lot about griddles or wraps after giving birth to help muscles heal and help you get down to your prepregnancy size. I did not do this with my first, but have heard wonderful things. Have any of you wore a griddle after giving birth?

jlbwondering35 responded:
I was considering getting one after this baby too. After speaking with my friend who used one, I changed my mind only b/c she said they are really tight and you can't bend in them. I've been unable to bend long enough and uncomfortable in my abdomen region long enough! LOL! She's not even sure it worked...with the expense of those things and being in the thick of the hot summer, I decided against it. I'll just be blobby for awhile until I get back into my exercise routine

mls1174 responded:
babies r us has what they call belly bands that you use after you have your baby. check it out I'm planning on getting one. I'm having a c-section and hope it helps with pain. I had a c-section with my last baby and it was painful. I'm not sure if there tight but it doesnt hurt to check them out.

beckyatmoms responded:
I just had a c section 2 weeks ago. The following day the nurse brought me a binder, which is a very wide elastic belt with Velcro to close it. I can tell you it is great. I don't know if it helps your stomach tighten any faster or not but I do know I wouldn't want to have a c section without one. It really helps you keep from feeling like your guts are going to fall out. It also helps keep your clothes from putting pressure on your incision area. I am only 3 lbs from my prepregnancy weight so I don't know if the binder helped with that or not.
Becky (35) DH (32) DS (12) DSD (6) - after 3 1/2 years and 3 attempts of IVF we are finally expecting twin girls - due 8/24/12!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm proud Momma of four awesome children. I had them in the perfect order I could have wished for: girl, boy, girl, boy. I've been a single mo...More

Helpful Tips

Infantino SlingRider Recalled
I just wanted everyone know that the Infantino slingrider was recalled this morning due to infant deaths. You can read the whole article at ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.