Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Birth story!
BekahS posted:
I went in 6/15 for my regular appt (38w 1d) and was measuring the same for three weeks. I was sent over for an ultrasound. His stomach was measuring smaller than normal so it dropped his overall size to the 9th percentile. They considered him IUGR and said I had the option of being induced that day or coming back Monday for a NST. He was term I opted to be induced since they didn't have an explanation for why his stomach was measuring small. I headed home to get my bag and meet DF so we could drive back to the hospital together. Back at the hospital I got checked in and put in a room. They started my iv and antibiotics. When that was almost finished they broke my water and started pitocin. I was already 4cm, 90% and 0 station. In three hours, around 8pm, they came to check my progress and I was 7cm. I wanted to avoid an epidural so I asked for iv pain medication. I got stadall (sp?). It did nothing so I asked for the epidural. Anesthesia came in about 10mins and started setting up. My MIL left the room figuring it would take a little while. While they were still setting up I said I felt like i needed to push. The Dr came back to check me and said I was 10cm and ready to push. No epidural for me I went from 7cm to 10cm in 10mins. The Dr/nurses rushed around since no one thought I would go that fast. They paged NICU since they were thinking he was going to be small. That really freaked me out. Logan Channing Rauch was born 6/15/12 at 8:40pm. He weighed 6lb 15oz, 19in long. He was considered normal sized and has no problems. We went home sunday and are getting settled. Avery is a great big sister. I still can't believe how fast he came. Makes me really think before we'd consider another one. I'd be scared it would be born in the car! But I am in love all over again and I'm still tryin to wrap my head around it all. I couldn't be happier.
Me (Bekah) 25, DF (Shane) 25, DD (Avery) 4
Expecting our second bundle of joy 6/28/2012. Team Blue!

jedmonds12 responded:
Congratulations!! Wow, that is a pretty quick progression, especially for an induction! I think if you had another one you'd probably want to head for the hospital when your contractions first started

Glad to hear you and Logan are doing well Congrats again!
Julie (28), DH (35)
DS Kawika 4/25/11
Due 10/7/12 - blue team!

sumis replied to jedmonds12's response:
Congrats wow you made it without epidural wonderful

hgreenwood7058 responded:
congrats!
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Carson Lee

sarahann1978 responded:
Congrats, I'm happy he ended up being all healthy!
Sarah (33) DH (31) DS Austin (Jan 2009) Team Pink Baby Kaitlan (Aug 2012)

jlbwondering35 responded:
Congratulations on Logan! Glad to hear things ended up just fine! How scary at first for you! Enjoy your new little boy!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Liz (29) and Ryan (29) DD#1 - Emma is 4 years old, DD#2 - Mackenzie is an angel in heaven. I am pregnant with baby #3. It is another girl and we could...More

Helpful Tips

36 weeks
Hi, since the secon trimester I have had a lot of pain in the pelvic region and between my legs. Today I lost my mucous plug and have been ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 12 found this helpful