Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
how will i know when im in true labor?
An_246139 posted:
need to ask you guys a question i'm having a baby and it's my first bbay that i'm having and i don't know when i'll be in labor, and will the labor hurt and what will be the pain limit that i will be in, i don't know what i'm doing so could you help me please?

jlbwondering35 responded:
LOL! Ok labor feels like bad period cramping with back aches, the cramping will turn into waves of basically increased pain going around your belly. You'll probably poop a lot too...just your body getting ready to make a little more room to get this LO out.

You'll know when you're in labor. I just had my second baby on Friday and this labor was much different than the first, but the contractions were very painful. My best advice to you is, when they start, make sure you're taking nice slow, deep breaths and you relax your body as much as possible. On the drive to the hospital I was all tensed up and breathing so fast b/c of the pain...that made it soooooo much worse. The nurse told me to slow my breathing down and relax my body, and boy was she right. Still hurt like hell, but I was able to control it better

When are you due?

AshleyP_09 responded:
When I had my son, it was a bit different. I had to be medically induced because of complications. Being induced is a lot harder on your body and takes longer. I also had back labor which hurts like I don't know what. But if you have a good pain tolerance it shouldn't bother you too bad. If you are induced be prepared to be in the hospital for a while just in labor, and then they keep you a few days after the delivery to make sure everything is going back like it should.

Spotlight: Member Stories

when i was 19 yrs old, i found out that i was pregnant with my first child. i found out she was a girl when i was 15 wks pregnant. then 6 weeks after ...More

Helpful Tips

help
what do contractions feel like? More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful