Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Hadley's Birth Story :-)
jlbwondering35 posted:
I had a Dr appt on Thurs. 21st. (Due the 22nd) I was 3 cm dilated and 60% effaced. My midwife said there was some "bloody show" and my plug was gone. Not much else happening though. I had no labor symptoms all week. Headed to work for the 3-11 shift. Had the typical post check cramping and backache.

I got home about 12:30 a.m. and crawled into bed still really uncomfortable. I couldn't sleep, I was up peeing, then decided at 2:30 a.m. maybe a hot shower and tylenol would help the cramping so I could get some sleep.

All of a sudden out of no where at 2:45 a.m. the contractions started fast and strong! They were 3 minutes apart, lasting a minute to a minute and a half each. OUCH!!!! I couldn't believe how fast things were going. Still had to finish packing our bags and wait for the sitter to arrive. Needless to say as she was coming down the street we were leaving our driveway, I honestly didn't think we were going to make it to the hospital, in the car the contractions were about 2 min apart.

Made it to the hospital at 4:20, was in my room by 4:30 and was 7cm dilated. Thank god I was still able to get the epidural at 5:30, started pushing at 6:10...was so numb I had no idea if I was even moving her down at all! LOL! Hadley June was born at 6:49 am, 7 lbs, 8 oz, 20.5 inches. No complications, everything went perfectly, not even a single stitch!

She is beautiful and very easy going! Now we just have to figure out how to juggle a 16 month old and a newborn. Any suggestions? LOL!

Couldn't be happier!

sarahann1978 responded:
Congrats and good luck settling in with your kiddos, I'm sure you will be just fine!
Sarah (33) DH (31) DS Austin (Jan 2009) Team Pink Baby Kaitlan (Aug 2012)

mwhite80 responded:
Congrats on your baby girl. I am glad labor and delevery went so well. The only hard part with 2 is that you dont get as much sleep during the day with your newborn since you have your older one. My son was 3 1/2 when I had my daughter and it was an interesting adjustment. I had to constantly remind my little guy to be gentle with sister and I still do now, lol. Good luck and enjoy your daughter!!
Madeline(32)DH Nathan(31)-DS Paul(4), Angel baby mc @ 6weeks 8/2008, DD Isabella (15 months), New Baby Boy Mathew Charles EDD 8/25/2012

hgreenwood7058 responded:
Congrats!
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Carson Lee

nicram8683 responded:
Congrats! So glad to hear that you had such an easy labor. Crazy how those contractions sneak up on you huh? lol. Enjoy the new addition to your family!
Nicole(28)Mike(30) 8yr old DD
Diagnosed MFIF June 2011 after 27 months no BC(12 months active trying)
BFP: 8/2011 M/C @ 6 weeks 9/2011
BFP: 10/2011 EDD 06/25/2012 It's a BOY!!

jedmonds12 responded:
Congratulations!! Sounds like labor was a breeze. I'm so glad you had such a good experience! If you get the hang of juggling a toddler and an infant, I'd welcome your tips. My son will be 18 months when this LO comes...
Julie (28), DH (35)
DS Kawika 4/25/11
Due 10/7/12 - blue team!

sumis replied to jedmonds12's response:
Congratulations .take it easy and get plenty of rest

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I met through a series of interesting twists. We both joined Match.com in the same month. My husband joined to meet someone to go to mo...More

Helpful Tips

Flushable moist wipes
Just thought I'd share a tip that I learned this time around. After the birth of DD1, I was given the squirt bottle to clean down there ... More
Was this Helpful?
125 of 223 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.