Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Dizziness
Zaysmama posted:
Hey ladies, I am 29w 3d along and have been having alot of dizziness. The dr said it may be heat related but it seems to happen any time, not just when I'm outside. Another person suggested dehydration, but im constantly drinking water and eating ice to the point that my bathroom breaks at work are like clock work (every hour)... I thought maybe I wasnt eating enough so I started bringing smaller, healthy snacks to work so I can munch any time between meals. I had the same issue with my last pregnancy and the dr really didnt have any answers. I passed out a couple time with the last one, but have managed to avoid that so far with this one. Although i am not even 30weeks, this baby is taking up every bit of room I have and I have alot of shortness of breath from him pushing up into my ribs, any chance that could be part of the lightheadedness... Anyone have any of this happen to them? Any answers or suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks in advance!!!

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Zaysmama -

I know it's been a couple weeks but found this info about dizziness . Hope this is helpful and you are feeling a bit better.

Elizabeth
Elizabeth
~To be a child is to know the joy of living, To have a child is to know the gift of life.~ Author Unknown

Zaysmama replied to Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thanks! At my last appt the dr told me that during my glucose testing they found that my blood levels were so low that if I didnt get on an iron supplement 2-3 times per day I may have to be given blood when I have my little one. He was concerned with hemorrhaging(sp) so I had to go get a prescription for iron. I am normally boarderline anemic and the pregnancy has cause me to become etremely anemic so the supplements are supposed to help... They seem to be a little bit but not completely. Other than that he said to keep eating healthy and try staying active so I will have an easy labor with my second as I did with my first!

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff replied to Zaysmama's response:
Hopefully the iron will kick in soon for a little added energy to get your through these last weeks of pregnancy and delivery.

Here is a list of Top Iron-Rich Foods (liver=yuck factor for me!), skim down the list to find some easier choices, like iron fortified cereals.

Elizabeth
Elizabeth
~To be a child is to know the joy of living, To have a child is to know the gift of life.~ Author Unknown

Zaysmama replied to Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thank you! I have less than 8 weeks left before EDD... I would be fine if this little guy came a little early as long as he waits until after vacation in 2weeks and the baby shower right before!
As for the iron rich foods, I'm with you - yuck on the liver but hopefully one or two added iron-rich foods on top of the supplements and my prenatals will get my blood levels up enough for a safe and healthy deliver!...

Thanks again!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have 2 sons Braxton and Atlas, got married 2008 to the most wonderful man that has raised my son as his own and we now have one together and have a ...More

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.