Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Birth Story: Erin and James
FrenchBulldogMom posted:
On Wednesday, June 27th, I had my scheduled c-section at 37 weeks. Erin Elizabeth and James Donald were born at 11:40 and 11:41 am. Erin weighed 4 lbs 12 oz and James weighed 7 lbs 2 oz. No one was expecting for him to be that much bigger than she is.

Because of his latest growth spurt, James has lungs that are at 37 weeks trying to breathe for his 40- week-sized body. Both babies have been in the NICU since Wednesday. Erin spent the day with us in the hospital room, but her brother is still in the NICU 24/7. He's totally off the oxygen now and the neonatologist let him start eating formula today. He's so happy to eat because he's a big boy!

Erin is a very happy baby girl. She is very tiny, but she's not fussy. She eats as much formula as her brother does. I've been pumping colostrum for the nurses to mix with the formula. They tell me that my milk should come within a few days.

Erin and I might be discharged tomorrow, but James will probably have to stay for a few days at most. He's breathing much better, but the doctor is pretty cautious.

My husband and I have been so blessed. I'm having a lot of pain from the c-section, but whenever I look at the babies, I know that it was worth it.

mwhite80 responded:
Congrats mommy!! So happy to hear that your babies are doing so well. They will both be home wth you in no time and then the fun begins.
Madeline(32)DH Nathan(31)-DS Paul(4), Angel baby mc @ 6weeks 8/2008, DD Isabella (15 months), New Baby Boy Mathew Charles EDD 8/25/2012

FrenchBulldogMom replied to mwhite80's response:
We took the girl home yesterday. 1 down, 1 to go!!!

jlbwondering35 responded:
Congratulations on the birth of your twins! I hope they continue to thrive and do well! Enjoy and get some rest!

sarahann1978 responded:
Congrats, I'm happy everyone is doing well and hope James comes home soon too!
Sarah (33) DH (31) DS Austin (Jan 2009) Team Pink Baby Kaitlan (Aug 2012)

sumis replied to sarahann1978's response:
Congrats.enjoy your babies.

hgreenwood7058 responded:
Congrats! I am so happy for you. Enjoy your little family
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Carson Lee

jedmonds12 responded:
Congratulations!! I can't believe he was so much bigger than she was, wow! Glad to hear you're all doing well and that your little girl got to come home already
Julie (28), DH (35)
DS Kawika 4/25/11
Due 10/7/12 - blue team!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I live in New Castle County, DE with my husband and we're expecting our 1st baby in October. I am so excited to meet my little baby girl.

Helpful Tips

Flushable moist wipes
Just thought I'd share a tip that I learned this time around. After the birth of DD1, I was given the squirt bottle to clean down there ... More
Was this Helpful?
125 of 223 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.