Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Cramping
hinkle07 posted:
I am 33 wks and 3 days with my first and have been put on bed rest due to my cervix thinning already and contractions showing up on my non stress test. The doc didnt say how much I am contracting just that I had to be on bed rest because my son may come earlier than expected. I have been having mild cramps for a few weeks now which the docs say is normal towards the end but they are starting to get more sever sometimes followed by a contraction. The contractions arent consistent enough to worry about early labor but the cramps are getting worse. Is this normal? They feel like really bad period cramps and usually start when I lay down which is often since I am on bed rest. Another thing is I constantly have to pee like even rite after I go I have to go again and usually its a little more than I think I should be peeing after I have just emptied my bladder. Is that normal as well?

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi hinkle07 -

Oh, no! I am sorry to hear you are on bed rest! I know how frustrating and boring it can be I was on bed rest for about the last 9 weeks of my pregnancy and delivered at 36 weeks.

I was allowed to go to the bathroom and go to my doctors appointments twice a week and that was it. I also snuck in a shower a few times a week!

When I would get contractions I was instructed to lay on my left side. I spent most of the time on my left side. I also drank LOTS of water, so I was peeing a lot and felt like I had to go right after I went.

Please talk with you doctor, ask them about laying on your left side to see if it may ease contractions. Have they done a urine test lately? May want to make sure nothing else is going on.

Your sister in bed rest
Elizabeth
Elizabeth
~To be a child is to know the joy of living, To have a child is to know the gift of life.~ Author Unknown

hinkle07 replied to Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thanks! Im not on stricked bed rest thankfully I just cant do any house chores or anything. I had a disappearing twin so the doctor has said from the beginning that I will deliver early he's just trying to stall this baby as long as possible. I do drink lots of water and juice and the only urine test I get done is the usual for protein and sugar. As far as contractions I will ask my doc when I see her tomorow about laying on my side but for the most part I dont feel them as often as I was now that I have been resting however my high risk doc always asks how Im dealing with them at home because according to non stress test Im contracting a lot but I hardly feel those contractions. Is that weird? I definantly feel real bad ones every now and then but not constant ones.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Lisa. I'm 33 and already have 2 kids, my son who's 15 and my daughter, who's almost 19. This is my third baby. I have a wonderf...More

Helpful Tips

Infantino SlingRider Recalled
I just wanted everyone know that the Infantino slingrider was recalled this morning due to infant deaths. You can read the whole article at ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.