Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Contractions
Cowgal7083 posted:
OK I need some help here. I'm 36 weeks today and off and on today I have been having tightness below my belly button and into my groin that last about 30 sec or so. Could these be conrations of some sort? I've been reading and talking to everyone I can, but I have yet to get someone to give me a good discription of what a contraction feels like (they just say, "you'll know"). I know BH are basicly contractions that don't do anything, just work the muscles. How do they feel different than a labor contraction? How do "you know" when they are different?
I know its still a little early, but I lost my plug a month ago and have been dialated at a 2 with 50% for that long too. Also I have begun to drop this past week, putting more pressure into my lower abdomen and pelvis.
Any help that someone can give me would be appricated just so I have an idea of what I'm feeling. Thanks

JudgeyJr responded:
it sounds like contractions to me. BH shouldn't be painful. You should call your doctor if you are having regular contractions, whether they are painful or not. I think they tell you to call the doctor for more than 4 BH contractions in an hour. wouldn't hurt to call, the worst they can say is don't worry about it. also, if you lay down and drink some water, BH should stop. labor contractions won't stop no matter what you do. hope this helps!!

RobynMia responded:
Some of my BH contraction were definitely painful, as painful as seriously bad period cramps. And, they came as early as 28 weeks. But they are typically not as painful as regular contractions and they are irregular. Although this post was two weeks ago so you may already know! Good luck! Congrats!

Zaysmama replied to RobynMia's response:
I am currently 33 weeks pregnant and have had several severe cramps in my lower stomach. The first day I had them there were about 3hours where they were random anywhere from 15minutes apart to 45minutes apart. Since then I have had them randomly but not so close together. At night they can sometimes be so uncomfortable that they wake me up. A few co-workers have said they think I have dropped in the last week. I feel much more pressure lower but still a great deal of movement close to my ribs. I have a dr appt tuesday before we leave for a one week vacation and I am terrified he will tell me I can't go ... With DS1 I never felt any BH and dont remember the low pressure, but with this one I have had low pressure for a while and have been feeling BHs for a few days now on and off. Not sure if there is anyhing I can do to ease the cramping or anything... Any tips would be helpful!!!!!
Thanks in Advance!!!

Cowgal7083 responded:
Still having the tightness/cramping in my lower abdomen every so offten. SOme days just 1 or 2, other days quite a few but in no real pattern. Had a Dr. appt this past Monday, and no real changes. I have definatly droped and there is lots of pressure betwen my pelvic bones. I still have a week and a half till my induction appt, so I guess I just have to wait and see what happens.

Zaysmama replied to Cowgal7083's response:
I know the feelings! my cramping has been random as well! Atleast you are closer to your date than me! I am really worried that this LO will come soon, but from what I have read he should still be relatively healthy at this point!....
LO has also dropped and the pressure is painful sometimes when I have been sitting a while and stand up, but other than that it just uncomfortable and squiching my already small bladder! lol...
Well I really hope all is well with you and your little one! I have found that if I have been sitting a while (at work) taking a short walk or just standing up to stretch seems to help with some of the cramps!... maybe that will help for you!!!

RobynMia replied to Zaysmama's response:
Silly, uncomfortable kids! Yeah, I would not worry about the cramping as long as there is no blood and no regularity to it. Even if it last for hours (as mine has). And, that's my doctor's advice!

I'm praying that this one comes early. He keeps trying to break my ribs and crush a nerve.

I'm at 32 weeks and I have found that getting up every hour from my desk and taking a walk around the building helps. And, do your best not to waddle. It's a bit unproductive but being proactive helps. At home, pelvic tilts seems to help a bit. What is comfortable for me is to stand/squat and lean into an L shape onto a chair or countertop and place a warm washcloth on your lower back.

Lastly, I have found my cramps to lessen with LOTS of water.

Zaysmama replied to RobynMia's response:
Thanks for the tips! I am hoping this LO comes a littler early but at this point I'd like him to stay in there another 2 weeks or so!... I am just now 34 weeks so 3 weeks would be term. I am scared that he is going to be much larger than my DS1 6lb 7.4oz... and people that were close to me during both pregnancies agree!

As for the contractions, they were much less active this weekend while i was home and a little more active, but I believe I lost my mucus plug so that worried me with it being that early. I called the dr just to make sure & the office advised me not to worry unless I start having regular contractions.

So tomorrow I'm starting my vacation and I will just keep my fingers crossed that LO doesn't decide to come while we are almost 10 hours away from home!

How is everyone else feeling? Any more contractions or labor signs? I have 42 days left until EDD and 21 days left until LO is term...

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Melissa (Missy) and my DH (Ken) and I are expecting our 2nd child with an official due date of 4/10/10. We have a c-section scheduled for 4...More

Helpful Tips

Diapers.com
First off, I super miss this board, I "graduated" 2 months ago! I miss the excitment, so I still come back and read the posts sometimes. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.