Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
41 weeks 2 days
raesymae posted:
I am still prego after all this time... starting to get very frustrated and feeling defeated. I have had the perfect pregnancy nothing to worry about no complications, thank the good lord, no swelling but i am slowly slowly slowly progressing currently i am 70% effaced, dialated 1cm. had 2 recent sonograms all was normal fluids were good NST came back good, i go for another nst tomorrow. I am worried that i havent made any progress in the dialation process. I am on the fence about induction. I do not want to do anything unnecessary. but i am so ready to be done being pregnant. any advice is much appreciated.

nikndan13 responded:
Lurking from 2nd trimester : )

With my first two pregnancys I didn't want to wait to be induced either so a week before my DD we were trying all sorts of stuff and it must have worked for me as both my first 2 DD's were born on their due dates maybe try some of these to see if it gets things moving ... Walking , sex and nipple stimulation ( it makes you release your own form of pitocin ) and also sitting on a birthing ball helps too . Hope something works for you and you get to meet your LO soon ..don't be too disappointed tho if you do need to be induced some women just don't progress on their own and need a jump start .HTH

jedmonds12 responded:
Gah, I know how it feels! I remember going past my EDD with my son and I was so frustrated about it all! DH actually had to comfort me while I cried about it one night. The things that helped me in the end were remembering:
1- Baby WILL come out. NOBODY stays pregnant forever.
2- EDD's are only estimates. Did you know that the actual gestational time frame is closer to 41 weeks than 40? In that school of thought you're only 2 days past due! Well, four now, I suppose, but still.
3- Some babies really do need a little more time

Schedule your induction for 42 weeks if you feel up to it. Sometimes giving baby an "eviction notice" is enough to get them out

((HUGS)) mama, you're doing great!
Julie (28), DH (35)
DS Kawika 4/25/11
Due 10/7/12 - blue team!

raesymae replied to jedmonds12's response:
She came the very next morning! It was very worth the wait! 7lbs 15oz 21 inches long truly god has answered my prayers! Good luck moms to be and new moms hang in there!

jedmonds12 replied to raesymae's response:
Congratulations!! Glad to hear she was well worth the wait. They usually are, though, aren't they? LOL
Julie (28), DH (35)
DS Kawika 4/25/11
Due 10/7/12 - blue team!

Zaysmama replied to raesymae's response:
Congrats!!! Bet you are feeling better! and I'm glad LO is healthy! Best Wishes!!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been with my hubby now for 4 and half years and married for 2 years. We have 2 handsome boys and are now expecting our final baby, A GIRL!!!!, ...More

Helpful Tips

help
what do contractions feel like? More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful