Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Is the nursrey ready? Share your room themes
Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff posted:
Is your nursery ready for your new arrival? There are so many color and decorating possibilities these days - it's not just blue for boys and pink for girls any longer.

Share your room themes, ideas and colors. Post a pic if you would like!
Elizabeth
~To be a child is to know the joy of living, To have a child is to know the gift of life.~ Author Unknown

Zaysmama responded:
I have 7weeks left until EDD and the room is still being used as storage. We ordered a shed back in june and the store messed up the order so it just came in last week but we wont have time to set it up and get everything moved from the nursery to the shed until after vacation next week... even thought the baby shower is this weekend!
Hopefully we will be on the ball and get it done quickly!

The theme for the room is Mickey Mouse and NFL football. DS1 and DS2 will be sharing a room so the NFL will be an easy transition when they both outgrow Mickey Mouse!

capriciousangel31 responded:
I have 15 days left until my edd and right now we will be sharing a room with the baby until we find a new place to move in to.
the theme we chose was rubber ducks lol so everything is neutral light shades of blue, yellow and some green.
once we have our baby I am sure we change the theme to something gender specific but for now rubber ducks it is

Zaysmama replied to capriciousangel31's response:
Capriciousangel31 - that is soo adorable and it really does work for a boy or girl.
With both my pregnancies I said I didnt want to find out the gender but when the time came I was as anxious as everyone else to know! wish I had your will power!

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff replied to Zaysmama's response:
When I first read your post I was picturing Mickey in a jersey and helmet! Do you have a favorite team?

Hope you are having a great vacation!
Elizabeth
~To be a child is to know the joy of living, To have a child is to know the gift of life.~ Author Unknown

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff replied to capriciousangel31's response:
You are getting so close! We also decorated neutral in yellows and blues since we didn't know what we were having.

Can't wait to here "It's a .....!"
Elizabeth

Zaysmama replied to Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff's response:
That is exactly what it is... there are blankets and thing we have found with Mickey Mouse in any NFL team. DS1 loves both Mickey and Football and with me, my mom, & her fiance all being big football fans it works out.
My team is the Miami Dolphins, been a fan since marino was there.
Mom's team is the Dallas Cowboys & her fiance loves the Tampa Bay Buccaneers...
The baby's bed will be dolphins and DS1's bed will be cowboys and then they will have a little Bucs stuff throughout ... & Mickey is easy to find without football so he will be everywhere as well...

Harely responded:
My oldest is sharing her room with the baby. They are both girls so that helps, but my oldest is 14, so we split the room in half, it's purple with black and white stripe bedding for my oldest, we haven't decided on a crib set yet. We found a cowgirl one we really like, but it is very expensive, but we are finding most of them are anymore. The baby will sleep in a bassinet for a few months in our room, so we have some time to choose. Not that we are trying to be cheap, it's just that this is # 8 and money is really tight, and really how long do theyreally use it?

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Sarah and my husband and I are excited for our second son! We feel blessed with the one we have know and grateful after 2 miscarriages that...More

Helpful Tips

Infantino SlingRider Recalled
I just wanted everyone know that the Infantino slingrider was recalled this morning due to infant deaths. You can read the whole article at ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.