Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
finally made it but i have been itching like crazy
oliviaand posted:
oh i am finally in the home stretch....i am 29 weeks pregnant....oh but i have been having horrible itching on the backs of my legs and buttocks...it is very annoying because every time i sit down i feel like i am sitting on pins and needles or it feels like i am getting little electric shocks...i don't know if this is due to the itching or due to my sciatica acting up...kind of hard to distinguish sometimes...but have any of you had these weird sensations on your buttocks or the backs of your legs? I always had very dry skin before I was pregnant but I guess it is has been exacerbated by the pregnancy...i have tried everything from oatmeal bath to cocoa butter....don't know what else to try....any tips ? other than that, everything is good...still haven't found out what my baby is a boy or a girl... the ultrasound last week showed my baby in a breech position so my doctor couldn't tell...hope to find out soon...congrats to all you moms to be or moms to be again...

korin81 responded:
I am NOT looking forward to the itching at all! I know its coming though. I have been taking baths everynight and I know the water can dry you out more but man it makes my sore body feel better lol. So I guess it's a pick your posion type thing. I also have sciatica nerve pain from my herniated disk so I feel ya on that one! Just keep lotioning up as often as you can. Try baby oil too, especially after shower.
Korin(31), DH(26), DS(3), DD(1), Khloe Madison EDD: 10/18/12

capriciousangel31 responded:
for the last 2 weeks I have been just crazy itchy all over..okay mainly my stomach, legs and feet but it is driving me up a wall!!
coconut oil helps me for a little while but then the itchiness starts up again...I cannot wait for this baby to get here so that the itchiness goes away

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me (29), Hubby (35), DD (2), lil man EDD 06/11. I have a bit of a long story, but will try to keep it short. Ever since I can remember, my cycle has n...More

Helpful Tips

Infantino SlingRider Recalled
I just wanted everyone know that the Infantino slingrider was recalled this morning due to infant deaths. You can read the whole article at ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.