Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
33 weeks dilated..
amg0926 posted:
So I went to my 33 week recheck today.. I had been having contractions but nothing that is constant. Obviously.

Well my midwife decided that she wanted to check me bc of the contractions and she said that I was 1cm and 50% effacement. She said that my cervix is very soft. She also stated that she didn't see me going to my due date.
But apparently my belly is measuring bigger than what it is supposed to and at my elective u/s the tech said he was measuring 2 weeks ahead. >
So my midwife is ordering an u/s at the next appt in 2 weeks so she can see the size of this little man.

Anyone else having a boy and he started measuring early all of a sudden?

Zaysmama responded:
I am 33weeks and that also been having contractions. My little man was measuring normal for the EDD at 20 weeks, but I have a feeling he has sky rocketted since then. Not sure but I think I have started to lose my mucus plug today and I have an appt on tuesday. The dr isnt supposed to check me but I think I am going to request it because of these things. I am planning to leave for vacation tuesday evening following my appt, but I guess that will depend on what the dr says. I don't want to get 10hours away and have a premie that may have to stay longer!... ... hoping they just tell me I am a hypochondract and to enjoy my vacation but this pregnancy has been way different from my last (both boys)...

amg0926 replied to Zaysmama's response:
I was checked and I was a 1 and 50% effaced.. guess its coming soon! LOL

amg0926 replied to amg0926's response:
but rechecked and i was a 2 and 80% 4 days later.

Zaysmama replied to amg0926's response:
sounds like your body is moving right along! Any new progress?

the dr wasn't in last week so I saw a NP and she didn't check me. I have an appt with the dr tomorrow and I should def be checked then. Hopefully he's on his way!

and when is your actual due date?

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi! Im Jessica I'm 37 years old and this is my 3rd baby and 3rd baby boy. I have been through a divorce 2 years ago and this baby is the 1st in ou...More

Helpful Tips

Infantino SlingRider Recalled
I just wanted everyone know that the Infantino slingrider was recalled this morning due to infant deaths. You can read the whole article at ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.