Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
How long to wait for another Baby?
sweets1988 posted:
currently my husband and i have 2 beautiful little girls, and i was hoping for you ladies opinions. We know we want 2 more kids, hoping for at least 1 boy to carry on my husbands last name. Right now our little girls are 3 years and the other is 8 months. Any opinions on what is a good age to try again? i kinda wanna have my youngest started on potty training, but im finding myself eager to have another baby. The only other stipulation for us, is we have to move in December when he Graduates from Trade school & get settled back home. i dont wanna be prego during all that stress. so thoughts on how long to wait before trying again? Good luck to everyone else!

hgreenwood7058 responded:
For me personally I would like my litte man (who turned 4 mo on tuesday) to be between 2 and 3 for a sibling. So that means coming of bc (implanon for me) when he is between 15-18months old depending on whats going on. This way if it takes us a while he will still be between 2 and 3. I would say try when your ready. But I would wait till after you are all settled back home so you don't have to deal with the stress when preggo and otherwise go for it
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Carson Lee

sdadkin responded:
I have two boys that are 21 1/2 months apart. The oldest turned 3 last month and the youngest is 15 months today. They are great, but exhausting! I couldn't imagine adding another one to the mix until DS2 is at least 3 and completely potty trained. Plus, daycare is ridiculous! So I guess I really want/need to wait to try for the third when my oldest starts school and maybe not til DS2 is ready for school.

I don't know your situation completely, but I would say definitely wait until after your move and try to plan it so your youngest is at least 2. At 2 they can do a lot for themselves and hopefully she is easy to potty train! Good luck!
Me (26) SO (26) Carter (7/22/09) Mason (5/03/11)

Harely responded:
All my older ones are about 2 years apart, but the last 2 are only 10 months apart, and this one will be 10 month apart from the last one. So I will have 3 babies under 2. Some people say that is to close, but I have found, they play together better, and share better. Some days it is harder, cause one is potty training, one is crawling, and one is not here yet, but fun to watch them play together. Understand the stress, exspecially with a move coming up. Good luck!

Zaysmama responded:
Do what feels right for you. The two you already have are the best indication of what you are ready for. I have one DS who will be 3 & 1/2 on the 27th and I have another DS due next month. I didnt plan to get preggers again this soon, but thru the pregnancy I have found that although DS1 understands and is excited about being a big brother, he sometimes forgets that he can't jump on mommy's belly and I really don't know how he will be when the baby actually comes.
For some I have found that potty training is easier when they have an older sibling to watch and learn from, but every child and situation is different.
Before you decide to try again make sure that not only you but your family and situation is ready!... Get moved so you don't have that to worry about & decide whether you will need to pay for daycare and how much you can afford to put towards that... and if you plan to stay home, are you ready to have 3 LOs (or more if u have twins by chance)... and always remember every child is different, if your girls play well together or were easy to potty train or have good sleeping habits that doesn't mean the next LO will be as easy!...

I don't mean to discourage you just figure out how much you can handle at once before you decide and end up completely exhausted/stressed!

Good luck and honestly do whatever you feel is right!!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi there!! My name is Wendi and I'm 28. I am married to my best friend we have been together 12 years! Married for 2 years! Our son arrived 4weeks...More

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.