Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Mucus Plug..
amg0926 posted:
I lost my mucus plug the other day and he has dropped a lot..

when did u lose yours?
Then when did u go into labor?

korin81 responded:
1st pregnancy I lost it when my water broke at 40 weeks. Last time I lost a big chunk at 24 weeks and then again at 29 weeks. Nothing happend though and I'm assuming it grew back. I lost it, or the rest, at 38 weeks when my water broke. Nothing exicting this time around yet!
Korin(31), DH(26), DS(3), DD(1), Khloe Madison EDD: 10/18/12

amg0926 replied to korin81's response:
I can't remember with my first pregnancy for some reason! I should have kept a journal.

I had a big chunk come out and then he dropped.. so I wasn't sure if that was normal.. I was already dilated to 2 cm and 80% at my 34 week appt..

korin81 replied to amg0926's response:
Sounds like your body is getting ready though! I wonder if you will make it to your EDD
Korin(31), DH(26), DS(3), DD(1), Khloe Madison EDD: 10/18/12

amg0926 replied to korin81's response:
My midwife said I wouldn't be going... LOL. But she said that my baby is measuring 2 weeks and he is over 6 lbs already.. so they will induce by 39 weeks. But I was checked by a different dr in the practice and she said she would consider me at 60%.. UGH so confused.

hgreenwood7058 replied to amg0926's response:
It depends on the provider on how far along yoou really are as far as %'s and dilation. I learned that when I went into labor with my son. One doctor (female) said I was a 3-4 and 80% and then 12 hours later or so I had a male dr who said I was like a 2-3 and like 70%. So it all depends on the provider who is doing it and what they consider it. I lost my plug the day I went into labor but had a looong labor. (36 hours and then an emergency c-section). My doctor and a lot of people kept saying oh no he isn't coming for a while blah blah but I had a gut feelign my whole pregnancy that he would be about 2 weeks early (I was also really big. I gained 40lb most of it being in my uterus). And sure enough he was born 17 days early (7lb 5oz and 21 inches. The doctor who delivered me said he normally expects a baby to be about 6lb or so when the baby is that early). But on the other hand my uncles wife she kept getting told she wouldn't make it to her due date with her second baby because baby was engaged and that type of thing for weeks and then she had to be induced a week after her due date. She was not a happy camper.
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Carson Lee

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Lisa. I'm 33 and already have 2 kids, my son who's 15 and my daughter, who's almost 19. This is my third baby. I have a wonderf...More

Helpful Tips

Infantino SlingRider Recalled
I just wanted everyone know that the Infantino slingrider was recalled this morning due to infant deaths. You can read the whole article at ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.