Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Time needs to speed up!
beckie_33 posted:
These last 29 plus weeks have gone by extremely slow. I wish the next several weeks go by faster. I don't like being pregnant. I just want to have my baby and be over with pregnancy. I only thing I like about being pregnant is the fact that the baby kicks and my belly jumps and does weird things. I didn't like the morning sickness, I don't like the GD and having to give myself shots several times a day, and I don't like the aches and pains.

Someone please tell me that all the missery is worth it.

Zaysmama responded:
You are bringing a little life into the world, so yes all of this will be worth it the moment you hold LO in your arms. I was the same way, if not worse with my first pregnancy. I hated when he moved because it felt alien-like inside of me, but the second I saw my little man, I was in love instantly. This time around, the pregnancy has been a bit more uncomfortable for me with anemia, and going thru the pregnancy single, as well as trying to keep up with DS(3)... but even though this has been a little harder this time, I am much more accepting of the aches and pains and everything because I know it is all worth it!

BeautifullyBlessed responded:
Did you find out about the GD at 28 weeks or earlier? Did you have to adjust your diet much?

Will your labor be induced because of the GD?

I understand where you're coming from...I don't like pregnancy AT ALL! But I feel so blessed to be having a baby. I wish I was 29 weeks, but right now, I'm only 14 weeks.

You're in the last trimester and it will be over soon and you'll be holding your LO!

Are you just having normal aches and pains from the stretching?

beckie_33 replied to BeautifullyBlessed's response:
I found out I had GD at 11 weeks and was put on insulin right away and put on a low carb diet. Trying to only eat 30 carbs per meal and stay full isn't the easiest. I had to do a lot of internet research to find fast and easy meals that will fill me up and help prevent my blood sugars from getting too high. Even then it didn't always work.

I will be induced due to the GD because the baby can get too big and can cause more problems, plus there are many other risk factors for me and the baby.

The aches and pains are from the ligaments stretching and from contractions. Had a bad one last night that lasted around 15 min. I talked to my mom and she said she had contractions with me all throughout her last trimester. I sure hope i'm not like my mom, but something tells me I will be. The contraction wasn't extremely painful but it was uncomfortable. I'll just have to take it one day at a time.

I sure hope your pregnancy goes by faster than mine

BeautifullyBlessed replied to beckie_33's response:
Yeah...that's all we can do is take it one day at a time.

I had issues with food early on too...I had extreme hunger, but it went away around the 13th week...THANK GOD! That was very hard for me to keep up with eating morning, noon, night, middle of the night and on and on.

My dr won't do a GD test until 28 weeks...that's when they did my sister's also and she had it. Eating and planning meals was difficult for her too.

Well...keep up the good work. You were chosen to bring this LO into the world!

beckie_33 replied to BeautifullyBlessed's response:
At 10 weeks my doctor did some blood testing and tested my A1C and it was a little high so she sent my for a 3 hour glucose test which they ended up not doing because my fasting blood sugars were extremely high.

Most of the time doctors won't do a glucose test until you are around your 28th week unless they think there is a problem. You can always get yourself a glucose meter and test your blood sugars yourself if you think you might have a problem. Alot of times you can get a free one just by getting onto their website.

There are times when I just want to eat all the time but I can't because my blood sugars get too high. I just have to remember to eat 3 larger meals and then 3 small snacks and that seems to help. I live on yogurt and granola bars because it's fast and easy and does a decent job of keeping off the hunger pains.

I realized that today i'd only have 7 weeks left until I was 37 weeks. That's when my doctor wants to induce me. It doesn't seem that far away anymore. Hope it goes by fast because I want to have my little guy in my arms.

Zaysmama replied to beckie_33's response:
Seems like you are finding ways to cope with this difficult and not so comfortable pregnancy and that great! I just reached 37 weeks today and looking back it feels like the time really flew. Although I didn't have the GD complications you do, I am uncomfortable as well, but I do know in the end all of the aches and pains are worth it! Keep your head up and thoughts positive because you are blessed to be bringing a LO into the world! Good Luck and hopefully things get a bit better for you in the mean time!!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Erin. I'm 24 and my DH is 24. We got married Dec. 2, 2006. We have one dog whose name is Fang. He's a spoiled brat! We started TTC ...More

Helpful Tips

Flushable moist wipes
Just thought I'd share a tip that I learned this time around. After the birth of DD1, I was given the squirt bottle to clean down there ... More
Was this Helpful?
125 of 223 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.