Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
exceptance......
segadelli24 posted:
This is my third baby my first was delivered at 42 1/2 wks pregnant with Pitocin and a Dr did not like it at all ... tried midwifes with my daughter and loved it they used a folly bulb? not sure of the spelling , am planning with baby number three the same type of delivery and induction. My husband is active duty in the army so unfortuantly all babies have been delivered in diffrent hospitals in diffrent states, so. I felt a ton more BH contractions with this one so hoping for something but so far notta , checked at 38 wks, 39wks and soon to be 40wks no ripening of the cervix baby still so high I cant breath and dilation of 1 which is pretty much nothing. I will remain this way until the induce me , my daughter was 41 and 1 day and I am soon to be scheduled for 41 with this one as well. I was kinda mad at first but have come to except this is the way my body, my first baby could of been 43 wks because we were not planning him and I had no idea when we concieved him , so I feel theres no point in waiting past 41 I am lucky that I go in with nothing favorable am induced and go into labor just fine on my own. I am more curious as to why ? they can find no medical reaseon for this happening , the bottom line is my babies dont drop which doesnt help matters I walk lots chase a 2 year old and 5 year old aas a stay at home mom and do plenty of extensive housework I have tried all home remidies tea , sex , primrose oil and nothing works.

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi segadelli21 -

Sorry I missed you post last week, you may be holding a baby in your arms at this moment.

Sounds like your babies like the little hotel in your womb, no need for them to check out early!

Please give us an update to let us know how you are doing.

Elizabeth
Elizabeth
~To be a child is to know the joy of living, To have a child is to know the gift of life.~ Author Unknown

segadelli24 replied to Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thanks for the reply , nope went in to see my midwife yesterday she was suprised I was still so high and baby had so much fluid around him .... basically when they check me I have to put my hands behind my lower back so they can get to my cervix I was still also like 1cm , closed high no ripening nothing as usual .... they are calling today with a date for induction will be no later than the 22nd next wensday they said part of it is women who carry a lot of fluid around there babies tend to have babies who stay in longer because there so comfy .... I told my son to be glad he was having fun but mommy was hurting from head to toe and was ready to say hello !

Spotlight: Member Stories

alicia (23) dh joshua (28) due with my first on 02/02/2011!! It's a boy Calieb Allen

Helpful Tips

Infantino SlingRider Recalled
I just wanted everyone know that the Infantino slingrider was recalled this morning due to infant deaths. You can read the whole article at ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.