Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Exercise
Zaysmama posted:
Hey ladies, I know for me the heat has been absolutely miserable for this part of the pregnancy but exercise throughout the pregnancy is supposed to help in more ways than one. So i am wondering what you ladies have done to stay active during this last trimester during this hot summer...
Last week while on vacation we spent alot of time walking which was the most active I have been since around 20weeks when I concluded the dance season. I def felt the effects of walking so much but in some ways it felt good to be active and seemed to be a step toward being ready for labor. My last labor was 21.5 hours so i am hoping to shorten that up a bit this time!

What have ya'll done to be active and have you done that the whole pregnancy or just started recently? I'm looking for something I can do (possibly with DS-3) to stay active and get my body prepared for labor.

beckie_33 responded:
I go swimming. It helps with the swelling in my legs and ankles too so it's like killing two birds with one stone.

Zaysmama replied to beckie_33's response:
I was swiming often, but my work schedule and the weather hasnt made that possible on my days off lately... I just reached 37 weeks and only had mild swelling one day at the beach from walking so much... it went away that night when I rested and hasnt come back so I guess I'm lucky in that department!...

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and i are 21 yrs old and expecting our first Child a little Girl whos name will be Sage Marie. due to several Conflicting due dates From my...More

Helpful Tips

Infantino SlingRider Recalled
I just wanted everyone know that the Infantino slingrider was recalled this morning due to infant deaths. You can read the whole article at ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.