Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
I think I lost my mucus plug
beckie_33 posted:
I think i've been losing my mucus plug over the past week/week and a half and then today there was a huge clump of mucus. It was clear so there wasn't any blood. I'm only 30 weeks so i'm not too sure if I should be worried or not. I talked to my mom and she told my to talk to my doctor so I left a message with her. My mom has had 9 kids so I figured she'd know what she was talking about although it's been 32 years since her last child.

If i'm sitting down the cramping isn't as bad but if I am standing or walking I feel a ton of pressure in my abdomen and it feels like I have to pee. At night I can't get comfortable and I just hurt. My back hurts and there is a lot of pressure in my stomach and abdomen.

Do I need to worry or am I ok?

korin81 responded:
My last pregnancy I lost chunks of my plug at 24 and 29 weeks. It grew back and I went into labor when my water broke at 38 weeks. This time I have not lost any pieces but I have been getting the cramping and pressure every so often. I would agree with your Mom on talking to your doc. Hopefully the pressure is just baby moving in the confined spaces and the weight will put pressure on your back. Let us know what your doc says though and def keep an eye out for a blood tinged plug and/or consistent contractions!
Korin(31), DH(26), DS(3), DD(1), Khloe Madison EDD: 10/18/12

beckie_33 replied to korin81's response:
I did talk to my doctor and she said that I should be ok that it's not uncommon to lose your mucus plug early.

She told me to take it easy and to watch out for contractions and if BH's last more than one hour to head to the hospital. Also if my water breaks to go to the hospital ASAP. She also told me to take warm baths and lay on my left side if the pressure and pain get too bad.

I wasn't put on bed rest but pretty close. I'm not supposed to do a lot of physical activity just because there is a little more risk of me going into preterm labor. The goal is to keep this baby safely inside me for at least another 7 weeks.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi Everyone - my name is Toni - I am 35 and pregnant for the first time with twin girls. My husband Bill and I have been married since 2007 and are so...More

Helpful Tips

Flushable moist wipes
Just thought I'd share a tip that I learned this time around. After the birth of DD1, I was given the squirt bottle to clean down there ... More
Was this Helpful?
125 of 223 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.