Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
She is here
capriciousangel31 posted:
I was induced at 7:30am with a tablet to get things started I stayed at 1cm and 75% effaced all day with no progress.
So I was checked last at 5:45pm and was still only 1 cm and 75% effaced, I decided to eat dinner and then I started to get stronger contractions around 6:30 so I went to take a bath by 8pm I was in a lot of pain and couldn't talk through contractions so I had the nurse check me I was 100% effaced and 5 cm !!! by 9:30 I had my epidural and was feeling amazing by 1:15am I was 10 cm and at 1:45am I was starting to push and at 3:32 am my beautiful baby girl was born she weighed 9lbs 6 oz and was 21 inches long!!! We named her Melody Marie.
I did have to have an episiotomy which wasn't bad but I am up and walking around with mild pain so I am pretty happy.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

Harely responded:
Congrats! So happy for you! Love her name. I am still waiting, not much going on, just lots of pain and pressure. I know she is worth the wait. Thoughts and prayer's for you and your family! Take care!

korin81 responded:
Congrats on your little princess!
Korin(31), DH(26), DS(3), DD(1), Khloe Madison EDD: 10/18/12

capriciousangel31 replied to Harely's response:
Thank you
Hopefully your little one comes soon

jedmonds12 responded:
Congratulations!! Glad to hear that even though the induction started slow, it ended well. Welcome to the world Melody!
Julie (28), DH (35)
DS Kawika 4/25/11
Due 10/7/12 - blue team!

nikndan13 responded:
Congrats ! So glad things went well and she is here <3 love her name too !

BeautifullyBlessed responded:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I agree with the others...her name is beautiful!

Did the epidural last until she was born?

What is an episiotomy?

I'm glad both mommy and baby are well!

God Bless!

capriciousangel31 replied to BeautifullyBlessed's response:
The epidural lasted until she was born however I could still feel the pressure of having to push and feel her come out but I didn't have the shooting pains.
An episiotomy is where the cut the skin between your vagina and rectum ( sorry tmi ) it usually only happens when you aren't stretched enough for the head to come out and my baby had a big head I think was like a 14 inches round.

And thanks we are both doing well

happymoe replied to capriciousangel31's response:
Congrats! So glad the induction worked out for you! The head size actually made me cringe! Glad you're up and around.

congrats again!

mwhite80 responded:
Congrats on your baby girl, she was big. My little guy is due next Sat 25th. Cant wait
Madeline(32)DH Nathan(31)-DS Paul(5), Angel baby mc @ 6weeks 8/2008, DD Isabella (17 months), New Baby Boy Mathew Charles EDD 8/25/2012

hgreenwood7058 responded:
congrats!
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Carson Lee

Zaysmama responded:
Congrats! Glad you are doing well and your little bundle of joy is healthy! Sounds like once the progress started you continued moving right along! So exciting to find out you had a girl... nine months of waiting and the big day finally came! ... Well take care and I will hopefully see you soon on th newborns community! ... Congrats again!

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Congratulations Mama! Hope you are home snuggling with Baby Melody Marie!

Can't wait until you join the rest of the new mommies over on Baby's First Year Community to hear more about your LO.

Many blessings to your family,
Elizabeth
Elizabeth
~To be a child is to know the joy of living, To have a child is to know the gift of life.~ Author Unknown

capriciousangel31 replied to Zaysmama's response:
Thank you everyone

Zaysmama you better hurry up and join me in the newborns community

Zaysmama replied to capriciousangel31's response:
I'm trying, we just finally got the room set up only thing left is to actually put the crib up and then the house will actually be ready for LO to come(nothing like last minute)lol! Got all of the clothes and blankets washed and everything so once I set up the crib and wash all the toys I will be doing everything I can think of to get this Little Guy to meet the world!

How are you feeling Megan? and How is your precious princess?

Spotlight: Member Stories

essam ali 34 years. faculty of masscommunication. cairi univ 92. have a small office for adv ., and propaganda . separated . looking for a good widdow...More

Helpful Tips

Infantino SlingRider Recalled
I just wanted everyone know that the Infantino slingrider was recalled this morning due to infant deaths. You can read the whole article at ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.