Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Baby Name
Grace22282 posted:
Ok, let me start by saying...I apoligize- I've only been lurking my entire pregnancy rather than posting this time around.

A little about me: I am 31 weeks on Friday with my second daughter.

We are wanting to name this little girl Adeline (pronounced Ad-uh-lyn) Lea (Lee)....I was just wanting suggestions from everyone as to how you might spell Adeline. My husband wants to change the spelling because of the whole "line" issue...I think it very pretty Adeline, but I also kind of like Adelyn.... As far as her middle name, I've lost the battle with her having my MIL's middle name which is spelled Lee...I told DH that I would NOT spell it that way because it is the masculine spelling...but he does not Leigh....and I have to admit I kind of like Lea, but I'm afraid people will pronounce it Le-ah..... Please help.
Me Laura (28) DH (33) SD (11) First LO- Aubrey Grace due 12/05 3 fur babies Kharma (bull dog 4), Greivous (Catahoula almost 2) and Padamae ( Catahoula bulldog 3 months)

beckie_33 responded:
Both first and middle names are cute. But for me i'd spell it Adelyn. Most people would see the spelling Adeline and think it's Ad-uh-line and your daughter would be constantly telling people that it's pronounced wrong.

I have a niece and her name is Katarina pronounce Kat-a-rina and alot of people pronounce it Katrina. She gets frustrated at having to tell people how to properly pronounce her name.

As for her middile name I think Lea is just fine and I don't think many people will pronounce it wrong.

iceechic responded:
Hi
I love the name! Hubbys number one pick was Sydney and mine was Addalyn. The only reason I could not name our DD Addalyn is because he insisted on the middle name being Sydney, which would be fine IF our last name didnt begin with an "S". Could not have her initials be A.S.S. lol so Sydney Addalyn it is.
PINK TEAM!!
Me((Chris(29)DH((David(35)DS((Cain Michael(11)DD((Harley Reyne(7)EDD of DD((Sydney Addalyn(11/30/12)
Love My Family

hgreenwood7058 responded:
I would probably spell is Adelyn I see your DH point on the line part. Pretty it is I think that it would get miss pronounced. Same with Lea. I suppose it wouldn't make a huge difference to a lot of people unless they will be calling her by her middle name but those who see it like myself would see it as "le-ah" (I have an aunt named "le-ah" spelled Lea). So for me thats how I see it. But maybe you could come to some sort of middle. Lee is masculine I agree (DH name is Lee) and if your DH doesn't like Leigh maybe you could leave off the gh and make it Lei. Still may have a problem with pronouncing it but you never know. Best wishes. Love the first name!
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Carson Lee

Spotlight: Member Stories

Erin, soon to be 33, mother to a 13 year old son, one on the way. Due May 7.

Helpful Tips

Infantino SlingRider Recalled
I just wanted everyone know that the Infantino slingrider was recalled this morning due to infant deaths. You can read the whole article at ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.