Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Birth Story
mwhite80 posted:
Short: Mathew Charles White born 8/23/12 at 3:20pm weighing 8lbs 0.2oz and 20ins long

Long: My contractions started at 2:20 am on 8/23 and since my second pregnancy had a very short labor I quickily got to the hospital. I was checked and was only dialated 1 cm so they waited 2 hrs and I was now 2 1/2 and was admitted, we were officially having the baby. I found out scar tissue from my LEEP was slowing down my from dialation and I was in alot of pain. After another 5 hrs I was passed the scar tissue and could finally get an epidural. I loved it, no more pain, like my own little cacoon. My water was broken and I relaxed. At the end I start to feel the pain from the pressure. I pushed for 10-15 mins and Mathew was born. After delivery I was monitored for a high heart rate and had to recieve IV fluids due to being dehydrated. But that was all that went wrong. We came home 8/25 and are doing great. Now my family is complete.
Madeline(32)DH Nathan(31)-DS Paul(5), Angel baby mc @ 6weeks 8/2008, DD Isabella (17 months), New Baby Boy Mathew Charles EDD 8/25/2012

happymoe responded:
Congratulations!!!

nikndan13 responded:
Congratulations ! So glad everything went smooth and you are home snuggling your LO : )

korin81 responded:
Yayy Congrats on your little man!!!!! Hope your doing well!
Korin(31), DH(26), DS(3), DD(1), Khloe Madison EDD: 10/18/12

hgreenwood7058 responded:
congrats
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Carson Lee

jedmonds12 responded:
Congratulations! Glad to hear you're all doing well
Julie (28), DH (35)
DS Kawika 4/25/11
Due 10/7/12 - blue team!

capriciousangel31 responded:
Congrats!!!

ChristinaTT responded:
Congratulations!

BeautifullyBlessed responded:
Congratulations! He's adorable! I'm glad all is well.

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Congratulations to Madeline and Welcome to the World Baby Mathew!

I noticed that it took exactly 13 hours for labor, delivery and birth. A lucky 13!

Looking forward to hearing more about you and Mathew on Baby's First Year Community. Be sure to check in over there to see what the other new mommies are up to!

Many blessings to you and your family,
Elizabeth
Elizabeth
~To be a child is to know the joy of living, To have a child is to know the gift of life.~ Author Unknown

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hey I am the mother of a beautiful daughter born on june 9th, 2010. awaiting the excitment of whats to come!!

Helpful Tips

Flushable moist wipes
Just thought I'd share a tip that I learned this time around. After the birth of DD1, I was given the squirt bottle to clean down there ... More
Was this Helpful?
125 of 223 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.